Welcome Tropical Storm Harvey

Help Support CattleToday:

The worst rain I've ever seen was 12" in 24 hours, and that was enough of a mess.. can't imagine this storm!

I heard reports of 52" of rain.. that's like 5 years worth for us.

SteppedInIt":1zwp4blm said:
17" today alone here. Still coming.

It's coming down now with wind.
The good thing wind is out of the North, like in Rita that got most of the big trees that can do some real damage.
Well come daylight get to see how the cows are doing through binoculars as they are on the hill on the other side of the creek.

Cb we are over 50 inches in port author as of now . We have hands out with boats rescuing people. Just got a call from one of my shift members he's in the attic. Has his chain saw and made a hole . 2 guys just left the plant with a boat . They made it 1/2 A mile and unloaded the boat to go get him . This storm will make ike look like a rain shower.

JSCATTLE":31sbz39t said:
Cb we are over 50 inches in port author as of now . We have hands out with boats rescuing people. Just got a call from one of my shift members he's in the attic. Has his chain saw and made a hole . 2 guys just left the plant with a boat . They made it 1/2 A mile and unloaded the boat to go get him . This storm will make ike look like a rain shower.

:frowns: :(

It has to stop sometime, good Lord! :frowns:

There's a trailer on its way from our county, here in Va. They're in the process of filling up another one.

There are so many people trying to help out. I can only hope and pray that those who need the assistance, whether food, water, clothes, medical supplies, diapers, chainsaws, animal feeds, fencing supplies, etc, get it. By the looks and sounds of things, the need is everywhere!

Y'all continue to be in my prayers, I pray the rain and the winds stop very soon.

Workinonit Farm":15qopqqg said:
JSCATTLE":15qopqqg said:

:frowns: :(

It has to stop sometime, good Lord! :frowns:

There's a trailer on its way from our county, here in Va. They're in the process of filling up another one.

There are so many people trying to help out. I can only hope and pray that those who need the assistance, whether food, water, clothes, medical supplies, diapers, chainsaws, animal feeds, fencing supplies, etc, get it. By the looks and sounds of things, the need is everywhere!

Y'all continue to be in my prayers, I pray the rain and the winds stop very soon.
Thanks to everyone helping out . So far all of my people are either dry or just a small amount of water. Can't get to my cows but I'm watching the river level there and I should be ok .

SteppedInIt":vvyq13qi said:
Got lots of boats getting people out of flooded areas of Port Arthur. Blackhawks flying people to Beaumont.

It's still raining here that water has to come down the Neches and Angelina river on top of y'all.

Kenny thanks for what y'all are doing , am trying to take care of kinfolk in Beaumont and kountze area,Houston family is ok ,thank God: have a oilfield service yard in Yorktown if you have problems getting fuel or need a staging area call me 903-806-5886 , I think our man camp is full but do not hesitate to call as we may be able to help you guys somehow, Bless y'all

Caustic Burno":27oq5x5k said:
SteppedInIt":27oq5x5k said:
Got lots of boats getting people out of flooded areas of Port Arthur. Blackhawks flying people to Beaumont.

It's still raining here that water has to come down the Neches and Angelina river on top of y'all.
I was just thinking about that and thought about what JSCattle said about checking river level. Not sure what river he is on. Tomorrow will be the first time I'll get to attempt checking our pasture. I'm fearing the worst. When that water reaches us it will really slow the drainage. We got a lot to drain. It's strange to open the door and not see rain. Looking forward to sunshine.

SteppedInIt":dszuqawi said:
Caustic Burno":dszuqawi said:
SteppedInIt":dszuqawi said:

I was just thinking about that and thought about what JSCattle said about checking river level. Not sure what river he is on. Tomorrow will be the first time I'll get to attempt checking our pasture. I'm fearing the worst. When that water reaches us it will really slow the drainage. We got a lot to drain. It's strange to open the door and not see rain. Looking forward to sunshine.

Funny I just finished breakfast and told the Mrs. the same thing.
It actually felt weird not to hear it raining, I could also see stars off the porch.
We might be able to get out today.
Water to come.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9542505977

No rain here yesterday, but the Navasota River at the Highway 6 bridge is the highest I've ever seen it. There are some mobile homes near it with water up to the eaves.

Hook2.0":3er1ogg8 said:
Report from yesterday:
After getting across and into Texas, we made our way down to the edge of the Beaumont area. No power anywhere, and water on/over most roads. I said I wouldn't go into the flooded area at night because of concern of not being able to tell the water depth. But, We stopped at a Firestation that had it bay doors open, lights on, and people. Turned out, with the water still coming up, everyone was being pushed back further from the badly affected areas. Shelters were full to the max, and people were looking for anywhere to go. We dropped off about half the supplies, and then a truck pulled up with an elderly lady covered in mud laying in the back seat on a tarp. After helping to get her out and into an ambulance, we went further to the bad areas, but turned around at an area where all the boats were staging, and what looked to be where they were launching boats. In the middle of a road in the middle of town. We managed to find a hotel an hour away that had a room and made it there around midnight. Today should be interesting with daylight coming up now.

It has to be bad in that flat county Hook. I am 60 miles north of Beaumont in hills at 270' elevation. I am still on an island looks like about noon we'll be able to get out.
Have seen water in places I have never seen in my lifetime and it's all heading their way.

Caustic Burno":2dqdqsjh said:
Hook2.0":2dqdqsjh said:
Report from yesterday:
After getting across and into Texas, we made our way down to the edge of the Beaumont area. No power anywhere, and water on/over most roads. I said I wouldn't go into the flooded area at night because of concern of not being able to tell the water depth. But, We stopped at a Firestation that had it bay doors open, lights on, and people. Turned out, with the water still coming up, everyone was being pushed back further from the badly affected areas. Shelters were full to the max, and people were looking for anywhere to go. We dropped off about half the supplies, and then a truck pulled up with an elderly lady covered in mud laying in the back seat on a tarp. After helping to get her out and into an ambulance, we went further to the bad areas, but turned around at an area where all the boats were staging, and what looked to be where they were launching boats. In the middle of a road in the middle of town. We managed to find a hotel an hour away that had a room and made it there around midnight. Today should be interesting with daylight coming up now.

It has to be bad in that flat county Hook. I am 60 miles north of Beaumont in hills at 270' elevation. I am still on an island looks like about noon we'll be able to get out.
Have seen water in places I have never seen in my lifetime and it's all heading their way.
They just called another evacuation for low areas in orange and Jefferson county. I got word from a friend who's dad is a judge and a couple dps guys I know they plan to evacuate all of orange county because the water is gonna be a lot worse before it's better . Saying the Neches river in beaumont will crest 7 ft higher than it ever has.

:( :( All of you, be careful!

Caustic, that FaceBook link you posted, blunt and to the point, should get the message across.

Very scary stuff.

Our little County, the 1st trailer made it to TN last night, currently filling up another trailer as well as a huge box-truck from Ryder. When I stopped by Sheriff's dept today, to drop off 2 more bags of donated items, the trailer was about full and the truck was about 1/3.

Hang in there. It has to get better.

I have been in the Rockport area today. Its not flooded,but,little left to flood. It is destroyed. Lots of cotton rolls in the farmland and much of it is ruined. Inglewood and Arasas is tore up terrible too. Some,of,my crew went to,Port Arasas on the barrier islands and say,nothing,is,left

Latest posts