Warts Problem in Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We have a major outbreak of warts among our heifers. We have tried everything we can think of. This site stated if there is a severe outbreat in the herd an autogenous vaccine can be prepared from chemically treated warts taken from animals in a herd. This autogenous vaccine is more apt to have the strain or type of papillomavirus causing the wart problem in the herd than the commercial vaccines. Warts can also be removed surgically with a scissors or a side cutter. How and who can create this vaccine? Any help will be appreciated. We have a major problem.

[email protected]

I would say, after vaccinating for BANG's did you notice this wart problem. If so I would say the vet spread the problem with the tattoo tool used to mark the heifers. The best remedy and most cost effective would be to cut them off each animal, and feed them to each heifer using a bolus gun, then after you are through, sterilize your balling gun.

[email protected]

> I would say, after vaccinating for
> BANG's did you notice this wart
> problem. If so I would say the vet
> spread the problem with the tattoo
> tool used to mark the heifers. The
> best remedy and most cost
> effective would be to cut them off
> each animal, and feed them to each
> heifer using a bolus gun, then
> after you are through, sterilize
> your balling gun.

Given enough time they will drop off on their own. It is a virus and the calf will get over it.

[email protected]