Vegas shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":ej0lhis0 said:
boondocks":ej0lhis0 said:
I've never understand the tendency of suicidal maniacs to take out innocent people with themselves. Just do yourself in and leave everyone else out of it. Jeez.
And why can't we call this what it is, a terrorism attack? Don't care what/who was behind it, or if no one but his own twisted self was responsible. Same result to the innocent victims. We need to move past this "lone wolf" mythology.

Because 1) it's about intent. Terrorism is used as a political tool, which on the surface this does not appear to be and 2) why do we have to label it as such? As you say, it's the same result to the innocent victims. Not to be callused, but this won't improve their situation if we do label it as such.

The significance of the term terrorism was discussed the other night on the news. Calling something terrorism is legal maneuvering by prosecutors to insure the use of the death penalty in states where the death penalty is not legal. Since Nevada has the death penalty and since the guy is dead then there is no real need for them to push this term. In other words its used more as a tool than a description as we think of it.

I think, if I was wealthy (as the shooter is reputed to be) I would find myself a little younger girlfriend for 'companionship', even if I were 'grasping for straws'..
His girlfriend, a 62 year old, lists her occupation as gambler...they both gambled a lot and in big games.
Probably explains the $100K wire transfer.

It's not like she's some Olongapo Magsaysay streetwalker or mail order bride right out of 'the province'..

greybeard":1ysrne3r said:
I think, if I was wealthy (as the shooter is reputed to be) I would find myself a little younger girlfriend for 'companionship', even if I were 'grasping for straws'..
His girlfriend, a 62 year old, lists her occupation as gambler...they both gambled a lot and in big games.

It's not like she's some Olongapo Magsaysay streetwalker or mail order bride right out of 'the province'..

I guarantee for 100k you can can do better than a 62 year old filipino... just saying

Cross-7":22e5ztk9 said:
greybeard":22e5ztk9 said:

I guarantee for 100k you can can do better than a 62 year old filipino... just saying

She could be very talented. Maybe implement the ping pong ball test before you jump to conclusions?

ALACOWMAN":152oke6p said:
callmefence":152oke6p said:
dun":152oke6p said:
greybeard, your post sure brings back memorys!

Y'all should warn those of us who don't know what a ongaloo waysaysay streetwalker is. So we don't Google it.
gotta be something they caught in nam....
Lots of interseting stuff . Like monkey meat on a stick and "my mothers she is a virgin" (although I first heard that in Italy)

dun":33q7fp8e said:
ALACOWMAN":33q7fp8e said:
callmefence":33q7fp8e said:
Y'all should warn those of us who don't know what a ongaloo waysaysay streetwalker is. So we don't Google it.
gotta be something they caught in nam....
Lots of interseting stuff . Like monkey meat on a stick and "my mothers she is a virgin" (although I first heard that in Italy)
Don't tell me...you paid that virgin with a package of cigarettes and when she went to put them in the closet there were 400 pkgs. of smokes on the shelves. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

dun wrote:
I figured you might get that dun..

Salem cigarettes and an electric fan were traded commodities almost like gold in value.........
(pronounced Saalem)

"I love you no **** buy me Salem cigarette.
You always be my man if you buy me 'lectric fan..

That often escalated to ....'buy me refrigerator?' or 'buy me Honda?'

greybeard":2k2gugfo said:
dun wrote:
I figured you might get that dun..

Salem cigarettes and an electric fan were traded commodities almost like gold in value.........
(pronounced Saalem)

"I love you no **** buy me Salem cigarette.
You always be my man if you buy me 'lectric fan..

That often escalated to ....'buy me refrigerator?' or 'buy me Honda?'
Must have been a different class. Instead of "Salem cigerette" it was "one drink"
Did have one young kid that worked for me that brought his true love back to the states and married her. He really believed she was virgin but everyone else knew better, most from experience. 6 months after getting her to the states her entire family and extended family moved in with him. When we got back from sea she had moved in with her new boyfriend but left all her family, etc. living in the original guys house.