Kentucky Police stop Mass Shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook2.0":15l74czc said:
"Automatic ar15"
"Possibly fire automatic"

Quality reporting right there

Lexington news tonight reported that the semi-automatic AR-16 had been altered in an attempt to make it fully automatic. It was not clear as to whether the alteration was successful.

Hook2.0":345ugl39 said:
How much do you want to bet it had a bump stock or binary trigger on it?

What is more important is that he was stopped. If you want to bet, I bet he is mentally ill!

Bright Raven":1sy169zd said:
Hook2.0":1sy169zd said:
"Automatic ar15"

Lexington news tonight reported that the semi-automatic AR-16 had been altered in an attempt to make it fully automatic. It was not clear as to whether the alteration was successful.
AR-16?
Got his hands on a prototype?

greybeard":2pmeb5dh said:
Bright Raven":2pmeb5dh said:
Hook2.0":2pmeb5dh said:
"Automatic ar15"

AR-16?
Got his hands on a prototype?

Apologies. It was an AR-15.

Hook2.0":jsv9jw7f said:
How much do you want to bet it had a bump stock or binary trigger on it?
I'd guess he took the disconnector out which doesn't work

At least folks are starting to pay attention as to what's going on around them. Good on those folks who noticed something was off.

There is a group with Nazi leanings that are Atomwaffen. They train people through the internet to be lone wolf attackers against the Jews and blacks. It looks like their plan is working.

kenny thomas":2lv6125s said:
The full auto AR15 is possible but I would like to see the 380 rifle.

The rifle is a .308 not a .380. Regarding the AR-15. Here is an excerpt:
Smith had "modified (the AR-15) to be fully automatic," according to police.

Here is a better report, Louisville Courier Journal:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courie ... 2065752002

Bright Raven":nz0294q7 said:
kenny thomas":nz0294q7 said:

I thought the same thing Kenny. And it's still possible that is a .308. But I searched the web and apparently you can get a .380 rifle. New one on me.

JMJ Farms":2jmqnptp said:
Bright Raven":2jmqnptp said:
kenny thomas":2jmqnptp said:

I thought the same thing Kenny. And it's still possible that is a .308. But I searched the web and apparently you can get a .380 rifle. New one on me.

What the Louisville Courier Journal said on guns.
The officer then found a Springfield XD handgun in Smith's waistband, another Glock strapped to his ankle as well as a .308-caliber rifle and a Colt AR-15 in the front seat, according to the arrest citation. Smith had "modified (the AR-15) to be fully automatic," according to police.

JMJ Farms":28pgq7uv said:
Bright Raven":28pgq7uv said:
kenny thomas":28pgq7uv said:

New one on me too.

How do you wrestle a Glock from a mass killer without one round being discharged? Maybe he was to drugged up to pull the trigger. IDK, but I think the citizens and police did well on this one.

kenny thomas":1590txvg said:
JMJ Farms":1590txvg said:
Bright Raven":1590txvg said:

New one on me too.
Well the first article Raven posted was by NBC so no surprise they had it wrong. But the picture was all you needed to see to figure out what NBC was trying to say. The rifle looks like a Remington 700 in the picture.

True Grit Farms":3lqyndfa said:
How do you wrestle a Glock from a mass killer without one round being discharged? Maybe he was to drugged up to pull the trigger. IDK, but I think the citizens and police did well on this one.

In a live interview on 18 out of Lexington. The officer explained the situation. He stated that the suspect aimed the gun toward his torso. He stated it was "faster" to grab the barrel of the gun than to draw and fire his sidearm. He stated that he pushed the gun away from his direction and took the suspect to the ground. The suspect appears under some influence or has a very serious neurological condition. His mug shots reflect that.

Bright Raven":3br8quvr said:
Hook2.0":3br8quvr said:
"Automatic ar15"

This is part of the problem. Instead of tackling the actual issue, folks just go after the minor journalistic mistake. Yes, it is important, but the fact that a deranged person was planning on killing a group of folks is a bit more important.

Hook2.0":lk7f1dq5 said:
minor?
I was simply pointing out the journalistic spin (not mistake) being put on the story. It's horrible what happened. It's equally as horrible what the media is doing with events like this

I see no mentions of a "fully automatic AR-15." Here's the two mentions of the AR-15 I read:
"Police in Kentucky believe they thwarted a possible mass shooting after they arrested a man outside a manufacturing company with five loaded guns, including a modified AR-15 rifle."

"An AR-15 was found on the front seat of Smith's truck along with a .380 rifle. The AR-15 had been altered, possibly enabling it to fire as a fully automatic, the police chief said."

The point I was making is that in the past when something like this happens, there's always an article that states something along the lines of "assault rifle" in reference to an AR-15, M-16, etc. The second that happens the journalist is immediately ridiculed "because there is no such thing as an 'assault rifle.'" Instead of actually addressing the action of a deranged individual, there is a crowd that always deflects about the journalist integrity, minimalizing what has actually happened and never engaging in the conversation on how to keep this from happening again.

Latest posts