Vegas shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":1idkq02u said:
skyhightree1":1idkq02u said:
I watched some videos of the shooting and some fool had a beer drinking it and was shooting the bird in the gun mans direction off as he kept shooting... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I hope nobody thinks less of me for joking. It's just my nature.
JASON ALDEEN CAN RUN LIKE THE WIND.

" watch the young man runnin' .....Against the wind "

"CBS has parted ways with one of the company's top lawyers after she said she was "not even sympathetic" to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because "country music fans often are Republican," when discussing the mass shooting that unfolded in Las Vegas late Sunday night. "

I copied and pasted this, kind of gives you an idea of the mindset of liberals.

danl":ko32kyk0 said:
"CBS has parted ways with one of the company's top lawyers after she said she was "not even sympathetic" to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because "country music fans often are Republican," when discussing the mass shooting that unfolded in Las Vegas late Sunday night. "

It's no different than extremely religious people stating someone got what they got b/c they're a "sinner." (Like those folks that picket soldiers' funerals, and the folks that blame natural disasters on "the sins of America") People on both sides of the aisle have the ability to be huge jerks, and unfortunately it makes the entire group look bad. It's like a person basing the health of another's herd on the one old cow in the pen. I know a lot of great conservative, religious people and I know a lot of great liberal, agnostic/atheistic people.

Full disclosure: I have been registered, at one point in my life, with both major political parties. Neither have served my needs better than the other. As a middle class, white, straight male with no official church affiliation, I feel let down by both parties. Like many a good feral cats, politically speaking, I don't trust anyone.

Bestoutwest":163kdky1 said:
danl":163kdky1 said:

It's no different than extremely religious people stating someone got what they got b/c they're a "sinner." (Like those folks that picket soldiers' funerals, and the folks that blame natural disasters on "the sins of America") People on both sides of the aisle have the ability to be huge jerks, and unfortunately it makes the entire group look bad. It's like a person basing the health of another's herd on the one old cow in the pen. I know a lot of great conservative, religious people and I know a lot of great liberal, agnostic/atheistic people.

Full disclosure: I have been registered, at one point in my life, with both major political parties. Neither have served my needs better than the other. As a middle class, white, straight male with no official church affiliation, I feel let down by both parties. Like many a good feral cats, politically speaking, I don't trust anyone.

I agree. I often think of some of the crude comments that were made about Michelle Obama. Someone once characterized Michelle Obama as an " ape in high heels". Truth of the matter is she looks better than 90 % of the people I see every day. I think what it says is that 80% of the human race are petty jerks.

From what I've read, he had no prior run-ins with the law and the guns were legal. Anyone see anything (reliable) to the contrary?
He was a big gambler and spent much of his time in Vegas. Father had an extensive criminal history and was on the Most Wanted list. He didn't know his father but crazy seems to run in the family.
Doesn't seem he targeted a particular type of folks (country music lovers) so much as he targeted a large group of people in an area he was very familiar with. Gambling debts? Who knows. Makes zero sense.

boondocks":x09dlabf said:
From what I've read, he had no prior run-ins with the law and the guns were legal. Anyone see anything (reliable) to the contrary?
He was a big gambler and spent much of his time in Vegas. Father had an extensive criminal history and was on the Most Wanted list. He didn't know his father but crazy seems to run in the family.
Doesn't seem he targeted a particular type of folks (country music lovers) so much as he targeted a large group of people in an area he was very familiar with. Gambling debts? Who knows. Makes zero sense.

About what I heard. His brother lives in Florida. Said he was wealthy. Committed suicide. Would not seem to be a deterrent in a case like this.

Read the girlfriend is Filipino this could be interesting or nothing depending on what they find.
Just find it curious she was in the Phillippines when this all took place.

boondocks":1vemkf2h said:

Sounds purely opportunistic then? Somewhere said he had the room rented since Thursday.

boondocks":1op2t9na said:

Reading a little about it today and one article stated they had leaked info that the guns started out legal, but he had manipulated them to fire full auto.

If the full auto weapon was legally owned as stated above
It was a premeditated shoot
You wouldn't take your legally owned full auto weapon on a trip to vegas if you hadn't planned on using it.

So it's back to the question of motive
Why Las Vegas?

Well they are saying he sent large sums of money to the girlfriend overseas.
I am wondering if she has Moro connections or influence large population in the Pillippines.

I've never understand the tendency of suicidal maniacs to take out innocent people with themselves. Just do yourself in and leave everyone else out of it. Jeez.
And why can't we call this what it is, a terrorism attack? Don't care what/who was behind it, or if no one but his own twisted self was responsible. Same result to the innocent victims. We need to move past this "lone wolf" mythology.

boondocks":1f1u6lhh said:
I've never understand the tendency of suicidal maniacs to take out innocent people with themselves. Just do yourself in and leave everyone else out of it. Jeez.
And why can't we call this what it is, a terrorism attack? Don't care what/who was behind it, or if no one but his own twisted self was responsible. Same result to the innocent victims. We need to move past this "lone wolf" mythology.

Because 1) it's about intent. Terrorism is used as a political tool, which on the surface this does not appear to be and 2) why do we have to label it as such? As you say, it's the same result to the innocent victims. Not to be callused, but this won't improve their situation if we do label it as such.

Caustic Burno":1lzi0esy said:
Well they are saying he sent large sums of money to the girlfriend overseas.
I am wondering if she has Moro connections or influence large population in the Pillippines.

It's been reported that he wired $100,000 but there is no word yet on who it was for and why. This will be interesting to see what it's all about. I had heard on NPR that ISIS usually doesn't lay claim to events they were not involved in, this may end up being more sinister than first believed.

Bright Raven":2keeul5y said:
Cross-7":2keeul5y said:
Have they figured out his motive ?
Why target a Jason Aldean concert ?

Sometimes the motives are illogical fantasies. No one knows what makes these people tick. He is dead so we may never know what thoughts occupied his mind.

Stopping an assassin or lone wolf makes for good movies but in reality the strategy is limited to providing layers of surveillance and security.

Punishment is not an effective means of prevention. This guy like so many others are usually shot and killed. Punishment by death would not seem to prevent acts of this extreme nature. In fact, for some, incarceration is more of a deterrent than death. Even the episodes of going "postal" are geared toward "suicide by cop".

Gun control aimed at the fully automatic weapons might prevent some. It is not going to stop everyone capable of such an act from getting fully automatic weapons but if it prevents one act of this nature every 3 years, many would say it is worth the lost of that freedom to the few people who might legally desire a fully automatic hand or shoulder fired weapon.
Gun control towards automatic weapons is already extremely regulated. And expensive.

Bestoutwest":1ig02h51 said:
boondocks":1ig02h51 said:

Because 1) it's about intent. Terrorism is used as a political tool, which on the surface this does not appear to be and 2) why do we have to label it as such? As you say, it's the same result to the innocent victims. Not to be callused, but this won't improve their situation if we do label it as such.

Terrorism is used as a tool of chaos, meant to disrupt society, instill fear and "spread the psychic turmoil" or angst of the (deranged) perpetrator(s). On the one hand, I don't care what it's called. On the other hand, I think we need to stop sugarcoating it when it's a domestic perp. How can we try to rein these idiots in if we keep looking at each incident as a "one off" by a lone individual? Doesn't help us figure out the "why."
BTW, I hate the term "terror" or "terror attack". I think just using the word "terror" plays into their sick hands (although it sells eyeballs to internet websites). I'd prefer the press, Internet and everyone call it a Loser Attack or Moron Attack or Idiot Attack.

Caustic Burno":3hnes6fi said:
Read the girlfriend is Filipino this could be interesting or nothing depending on what they find.
Just find it curious she was in the Phillippines when this all took place.
Usually guys that hookup with foreign gals,, are grasping at straws... Theyve exhausted all resources... And looking for some kind of companionship...like Mexicans they go back home annually to visit family and take money...my guess is,,,and its strictly a guess...he took the opportunity while she was out of the picture...

greybeard":g2quvyy9 said:
Not fully auto or altered other than a bump fire stock.

That makes more sense
The ATF knows who and where every privately owned full auto is

Latest posts