UTV

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a 2006 Polaris Ranger. No problems with it whatsoever.

I formally just used a 4-wheeler. This was the best money I have spent in a while.

kerley":2ni6xjb8 said:
Dun, I honestly did not doubt you for a second. Brute, I thank you for your input. I would just feel jipped if I bought a lemon. Thanks everyone. Tom :cboy: :cboy:

Better start making your own stuff then because lemons are every where... :lol:

I don't know how yall use yalls utv but I can easily crank it up 25 times a day doing regular choir type stuff and who knows how many times when I am hunting, or working out of it for a day. If a starter lasts two years, with that many cranks, you have gotten you moneys worth. They can also be easily abused also...

dun":yt88dyml said:
I must have gotten the only 4 good mules ever made. The 2 old ones that left and the 2 new ones that replaced them

Nope...we have a 2003 model 4wd and haven't had one minute of trouble with it. Only has about 200 hours on it but runs like a sewing machine and we use it for just about everything. Looked at John Deere when we bought the mule but it had a Kawasaki engine in it so just went with Kawasaki and it was a couple grand cheaper as well. Course it's red instead of of John Deer Green/yellow. ;-)

Had another 1995 model and just wore it out. No problems. Just regular service.

YOu see it with every thing. You have people who love them and say all we did was normal maintenance, then you have the people who think because they pay $8K they should never have to sink another penny into it until they have to buy a shovel to burry it 20 years down the road. Its called reality and fantacy. :lol:

We've got a 2005 3010 gas Mulewe got last year used. I prolly shouldn't tell this but I bought it off an equipment rental place that had it on Ebay but it didn't sell. Called the guy up and bargained with him a while and got it. It's only got 400 hrs on it now but we love it. It has amazed me with what it will haul. It is a little cold natured but once it warms up a little it's good for the day unless you let it sit for a long time. So far no problems but for what I have in it I can't complain if it starts falling apart tomorrow.

Just to clarify some of the speculation on here, my 2510 Mule was correctly maintained and driven in a very non-abusive manner. I never said all Mules were bad. I talked about the one I had. There was no attempt to run it on the cheap or beat it to death. None of the issues I had were related to normal maintenance. In the real world, vehicles of all types have premature parts and component failure that are not the result of owner neglect, abuse, or being to cheap to properly maintain and repair. My repairs were done with the advice of my local Kawasaki dealer service manager and he certainly never indicated they were the result of any abuse or lack of maintenance.

Baydog, Thank you for your experiences with your mule. Viewer imput is what I was looking for. All of you did me a service and I thank you. Does anyone know the difference between the Kawasaki's 2510 and 3010. The 3010 is what I am interested in. Thanks, :cboy: Tom

kerley":3lsv79sk said:
Baydog, Thank you for your experiences with your mule. Viewer imput is what I was looking for. All of you did me a service and I thank you. Does anyone know the difference between the Kawasaki's 2510 and 3010. The 3010 is what I am interested in. Thanks, :cboy: Tom

Newer model. The only thing I can tell is different is the body work and the choke mechanism has been "improved" to make them easier starting. I think the suspension may be a little different too but I haven;t been able to tell the difference between the 3010 and the 2510 concerning ride.

We have the 2510 (older model) and the 3010. The 2510 is much easier to steer and has more pep than the 3010 which I assume is due some sort of pollution add ons?

Billy

dun":q7q5dwbz said:
kerley":q7q5dwbz said:

Newer model. The only thing I can tell is different is the body work and the choke mechanism has been "improved" to make them easier starting. I think the suspension may be a little different too but I haven;t been able to tell the difference between the 3010 and the 2510 concerning ride.

Having observed design and manufacturing up close for decades, I have become quite cynical when I read "new and improved" or "redesigned". I can translate that for you if you'd like. Better head for the hills when a salesman says that.

Cowdirt":2eqmla4u said:
Having observed design and manufacturing up close for decades, I have become quite cynical when I read "new and improved" or "redesigned".

Which begs the question, how can something be both "new" AND "improved"?

If I could find a good used, not beat up,abused or worn out Kawasaki 3010 4x4 I would probably buy it. It would probably last as long as me. I would use it to run around the pastures and go to the mail box which is a half mile from the house. With the Arthritis, it is just to hard to get in and out of the truck. Thanks everyone for your input. Tom :cboy:

I have both a 3010 and 610 mule. While the bed on the 610 is a bit smaller, it is a way nicer ride. Steers easier, because driver isn't sitting over front axle. Easier to get in and out of. Can't notice any difference in power or noise level. The 610 will handle tough going in mud or snow better.
No trouble with either, yet.

I'll break the mold here and say Yamaha Rhino 660....one of the best performing UTV's out there and tons of mods available. I've had mine a year and never had an issue other than the muffler breaking off its brackets. I drive it hard and fast....recently had a flat bed put on to make work and hunting a little easier.. It will run 55 on a flat road and shift into 4x4 with push of a button. Added the winch, never get stuck again. It will tow my 3K trailer around land (not ideal, but will move it)

BoarinRhino-1.jpg

TrailerLoad.jpg

I had a Rhino 660 for a little while, and had pretty much the opposite experience with it. Extremely noisy, terrible ride, and enough vibration to shake your tooth (or teeth) loose.

We have run a Polaris Ranger(gas 4 years) and a Mule (diesel 3 years) . The only trouble we have had was from the Ranger. Drivebelt was replaced twice, shift cable was snapped and replaced, and both CV joints in the front end had to be replaced. Both have operated in near identical conditions.

About 3 years ago I bought a kawasaki diesel model,never had a problem with it,including starting.
If I had a complaint ,it would be steering,get it in rough country at slow speed and it steers hard,the new ones have power steering.
IMG_1291.jpg

HAY MAKER":2k32wjzi said:
About 3 years ago I bought a kawasaki diesel model,never had a problem with it,including starting.
If I had a complaint ,it would be steering,get it in rough country at slow speed and it steers hard,the new ones have power steering.
IMG_1291.jpg

My new one doesn;t. It steers just like the 2510 did.

It might be an option Dunn,I was interested in the two seat model a few weeks ago,and remember the salesman,sayin the new models were availible with power steering,I believe he was saying it had an electric pump...................good luck

HAY MAKER":2z287y51 said:
It might be an option Dunn,I was interested in the two seat model a few weeks ago,and remember the salesman,sayin the new models were availible with power steering,I believe he was saying it had an electric pump...................good luck

That may be an '08 deal, or it may have been an option when we got ours. If I get too feeble to handle a mule without fwd I think I would be too feeble to care much about anything.

Latest posts