UTV Questions & Reviews

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog said:
I am a fan of these machines, but how can you justify the cost?

We have two new Polaris Rangers, trade them in every couple years. Overall, they end up with more miles than our trucks (we don't get out much). As others have said, they are the most used machines on the ranch. Justifying the cost is subjective.

snoopdog said:

That is an issue, we justified it in that it can save our trucks. If we don't have to get our trucks off road much it can save a lot of wear and tear. I had just put quite a bit of money in repairing my 06 truck after using it almost exclusively on the farm. Before that I had got an older S10 that by the time we kept it running we could have bought a utv years ago.
We started out looking at some smaller less expensive but still expensive utvs by the time we got through figuring out what we thought we wanted we were into the bigger ones and double the price we had figured on. But it has already come in handy and I don't think a smaller one would have done for us what this one can. My wife said last night she doesn't know how we have gotten by without one.

I've had a Ranger 700 for years. Never was impressed with the build quality but if I can keep it mobile it's very handy. I wasn't looking for another side by side but one fell into my lap a few weeks ago. It's a 2013 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 HD. So far I'm pretty impressed. I'd never even looked at a Cat before, and now I'm wondering why I hadn't.

Ky hills said:
snoopdog said:

That is an issue, we justified it in that it can save our trucks. If we don't have to get our trucks off road much it can save a lot of wear and tear. I had just put quite a bit of money in repairing my 06 truck after using it almost exclusively on the farm. Before that I had got an older S10 that by the time we kept it running we could have bought a utv years ago.
We started out looking at some smaller less expensive but still expensive utvs by the time we got through figuring out what we thought we wanted we were into the bigger ones and double the price we had figured on. But it has already come in handy and I don't think a smaller one would have done for us what this one can. My wife said last night she doesn't know how we have gotten by without one.
Six, count 'em, SIX cup holders and a ton of storage on the new 1000's. It's the little things :banana:

TCRanch said:
Ky hills said:
snoopdog said:

Six, count 'em, SIX cup holders and a ton of storage on the new 1000's. It's the little things :banana:
Now, I can get behind your way of thinkin TC!

snoopdog said:
TCRanch said:
Now, I can get behind your way of thinkin TC!

You and me both!

I recently sold a 2007 Dodge 3500 4 door that only had 2-1/2 cup holders in it. The regular cab Ford that I replaced it with has 6!

TCRanch said:
Ky hills said:
snoopdog said:

Mine has a dump bed to empty all the beer cans...

sstterry said:
cfpinz said:
I recently sold a 2007 Dodge 3500 4 door that only had 2-1/2 cup holders in it.

How do you use a 1/2 of a cup holder? Is that for pony beers???

Never thought of that! Also never saw the point of a pony beer....

Latest posts