Anyone have kubota sidekick utv?

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill

Reaction score
Need a lawnmower and would like a cheaper utv tool around in and check cows. Kubota has been financing available as of today. Figure package deal maybe do ok on both?

I have a Kubota RTV x900 that I'm pretty fond of. It has seen more than its fair share of abuse and it is still running well. I'll definitely go back for another Kubota UTV

2290 Lawnmower, and stock/factory Sidekick 850 which compares to Gator 825i I'm told. Dealer first offer was $19,750 ($5 mower $14,750 UTV)
0% on 48 months, he is checking as they don't go 6 years on a mower for 2.99%......doesn't sound terrible to me

https://www.kubotausa.com/products/utility-vehicles/full-size-gas-utility-vehicles/rtv-xg850-sidekick#features

https://www.kubotausa.com/products/mowers/lawn-garden-tractors/t2090-t2290

Till-Hill said:
2290 Lawnmower, and stock/factory Sidekick 850 which compares to Gator 825i I'm told. Dealer first offer was $19,750 ($5 mower $14,750 UTV)
0% on 48 months, he is checking as they don't go 6 years on a mower for 2.99%......doesn't sound terrible to me

15k for a gas powered utv seems a bit high, should be able to get a nice Kubota lightly used diesel around 10k.

Diesel only does 25 mph, 1.75 miles to work and .5 miles to cows. We had a gator that went that slow. Ended up driving my truck to check cows.

Ranger is comparable price, but lawnmower and package deal I'm hoping he will drop to $19k and I'll do it

you'll be lucky to even get the 25.. mine usually only wants to go about 19 unless i'm going downhill.

The sidekick is different than the the other kubota utvs yall are listing. It's a belt driven unit with a cvt like the rest of the world and does 45 mph.

It should be a good unit. My only complaint on kubotas is the hydrostatic tranny which it does not have. The reviews are good on it. Jump on it... Enjoy! :tiphat:

Got 225 miles on the Side Kick. Low end Torque seems a little low. Only thing I do not like so far is the gear selector you have to shift to neutral and put park brake on. If you leave it in gear when you shut it off you really have to rock it back and forth to get to neutral (which has to be in to start). Maybe it will lossen up after few more miles but so far it has been a hand rig.

thats pretty standard on all of them to have it hard to get into gear. I'll give mine just a little throttle blip and it'll shift pretty easy doing that.

Update on Sidekick, 558 miles, 56 hours. First oil change, compared to our Gator and buddies Rangers hands down Sidekick!
It takes a 9/16 socket, 4 quarts of oil 5 min oil change. Everything else really easy to get to also.

Complaints and they are small ones. It really pushes in the front end when going fast down our gravel roads before it will turn. Could be bad factory tires too IDK?

Throttle or tranny is really jerky going forward or reverse just starting out. Supposed to be getting an update kit of some sort put on. All in all love the machine. Knocked off air tube that goes from the frame to the engine. Hose clamps could have been loose, either way been handy to have.

Thinking about getting one of these sidekicks. Our Ranger 1000 has a hard time getting into high gear and now broke a rear axle this weekend. 190 hrs of very light use. It does run good and is easy to get around in though.

Latest posts