UTV

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3io7oray said:
HAY MAKER":3io7oray said:
It might be an option Dunn,I was interested in the two seat model a few weeks ago,and remember the salesman,sayin the new models were availible with power steering,I believe he was saying it had an electric pump...................good luck

That may be an '08 deal, or it may have been an option when we got ours.
If I get too feeble to handle a mule without fwd I think I would be too feeble to care much about anything.

I agree,and those mules definetly have a place on the ranch,come in mighty handy for ranch chores...............good luck & send me a good rain ;-)

MrBilly":32e6n995 said:
The 2001 now has 3500 hours on it and the 2003 has 1500 hours (both gas) both bought new: 2001: front cv joints out, two starters out one going right now and will need replacement, clutch out, drive belt replaced several times, valve covers replaced due to leaks, seals replaced on water pump due to leak, seat foam replaced, only used by adults for farm chores, both Mules are hard starters, particularly in the cold, the Kubota starts easily.

All have had normal maintenance done on farm and at dealer. Most of the major repairs have been on the 2001, the 2003 had a couple belts replaced so far but has only one half the hours of the 2001. The 2001 might have been a lemon, and the 2003 hasn't had a major failure yet, so I shouldn't make a blanket statement about Mules until we see what happens down the line with the 2003. I still prefer the Kubota for ride and comfort and ease of handling in tight places and when doing spot spraying.

Billy

I'm updating my list of problems with the "wonderful world" of Kawasaki Mules. The 2003 now has 2000 hours and the fuel pump went out and needed to be replaced. The 2001 will get another starter (this will be the second replacement) once the 2003 returns to use - it has been going for some time now, but was hoping not to have to replace it due to cost. Kubota now has almsot 700 hr and is still purring along without problems.

MrBilly":2nrq7bo9 said:
MrBilly":2nrq7bo9 said:
The 2001 now has 3500 hours on it and the 2003 has 1500 hours (both gas) both bought new: 2001: front cv joints out, two starters out one going right now and will need replacement, clutch out, drive belt replaced several times, valve covers replaced due to leaks, seals replaced on water pump due to leak, seat foam replaced, only used by adults for farm chores, both Mules are hard starters, particularly in the cold, the Kubota starts easily.

All have had normal maintenance done on farm and at dealer. Most of the major repairs have been on the 2001, the 2003 had a couple belts replaced so far but has only one half the hours of the 2001. The 2001 might have been a lemon, and the 2003 hasn't had a major failure yet, so I shouldn't make a blanket statement about Mules until we see what happens down the line with the 2003. I still prefer the Kubota for ride and comfort and ease of handling in tight places and when doing spot spraying.

Billy

I'm updating my list of problems with the "wonderful world" of Kawasaki Mules. The 2003 now has 2000 hours and the fuel pump went out and needed to be replaced. The 2001 will get another starter (this will be the second replacement) once the 2003 returns to use - it has been going for some time now, but was hoping not to have to replace it due to cost. Kubota now has almsot 700 hr and is still purring along without problems.

Funny the way some work and some are just not very good. Friend of ours has the extra seater type of mule and has gone through several fuel pumps, maybe 500 hours, his eighbor has a kubota that he's owned for about 7-8 months that the dealer has had more then he has. Our 3510 just didn;t run worth spit, wouldn;t idle for more then a coule of minutes before it died, hard starting, just really a pain in the butt. Talked to the head mechanic at the local dealer and he showed me where and how to make the adjustments that are sealed for smog stuff. Took care of that a couple of weeks ago and it runs like a top. The starter deal sounds all too familiar. Our old mule, the small 2WD ran for 12k hours with no problems then the starters began going out, after that about once a year I would have to take the starter in and have it repaired. Like the guy with the fuel pump problem. No real rhyme or reason, but it's almost like the mule decideds that it's going to have a problem with something and it just keeps repeating the same problem. Doesn;t make any sense to me.

Dun, I totally agree. I always thought the pollution control on the 3110 was a problem, because my 2510 runs much better and faster. Maybe you can share with us what to do to get rid of the stuff that is affecting performance, starts and idles. You would think that Kawasaki could fix the problems, not make new ones, but I guess they just want to keep their dealer's service dept. busy.

Billy

I think I forgot to mention that the 2510 rear wheel almost fell off due to a bearing failure.

Billy

MrBilly":2wi0jenj said:
As I recall, the Kawasaki dealer wants around $400 for the starter plus labor. I found a number of internet sites listing NEW starters at around $120. Anyone use these sites and which one do you like the best?

This is one site: http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/SND0402.html?mv_pc=Froogle

Billy

I bought one new but that was 10 years ago. Since then, until we sold the old mule last year, when one would go bad I'ld take it to the local electrical repair rewind shopo and have him fix it and put the other one on the mule. Just swapped them in and out like that. Only cost about 20 bucks to get the old one rebuilt that way.

Most parts can be bought at a local auto parts store for half the price. Find listings that match the Kawie motor, lots of eqiupment other than a Mule with that motor. I get all my belts, filters, and any thing else that away.

Also if you go to say FRAM or other name brands they will cross reference numbers on the web site for plugs, wires, filters, ect...

Got a 3010 and haven't had it long enough to have problems yet (94 hours). For some reason the darn 'coons like to tear the front seat all to heII. Guess I'm gonna have to sleep out in the barn to get them.

Or, just park the darn thing in your bedroom, might be more comfortable than the barn? :banana:

Billy

Latest posts