Uruguayan angus

Help Support CattleToday:

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the comments, I agree with them (all of them). I have learnt long time ago that what works for one doesn't work for otherone. Good genetics doesn't means good for everyone.

A good friend of mine who is also my cousin in law, thinks also that the RA bull needs more leg, he is the President of the Uruguayan Hereford Asossciation so maybe his opinion is biased (sp?) :lol2: , but the judge of the show, who was an American was really impressed with the bull as many others down here.

His semen is VERY good, more than what I expected the first time I saw him, as I thought that the bull looks like that because he was overprepared (show bull), but not, he is just like that, we have change his diet and make him walk a lot and he still remains like that, actually that picture is from him "working". The guy who took care from him since he was a calf told me that he has always been a ball of meat :D

His father is Sodak Precision 7408-97 and his maternal line combines King Rob and Leachman Hero.

I will post later pictures of his offsprings.

Yes I have semen available but I don't know if I am authorized to sell semen here, don't know the forum rules. If I am breaking any rule please let me know.

Cheers from the calm and sunny Uruguay.....despite the drought :(

Lorenzo

Lorenzo":2nam4fet said:
I have semen available but I don't know if I am authorized to sell semen here, don't know the forum rules. If I am breaking any rule please let me know.

Lorenzo

No advertising on these forums but you can use the free classifieds on www.cattletoday.com

One more thing, I don't want to look like an expert talking about this bull is son of this and brother of that :mrgreen: , I am the owner of a small AI company that just tries not to talk too much about what he doesn't know and that just provides everything to the people that REALLY knows so they can work efficently :D

Just that...

L

dun":dym1drkf said:
Lorenzo":dym1drkf said:
I have semen available but I don't know if I am authorized to sell semen here, don't know the forum rules. If I am breaking any rule please let me know.

Lorenzo

No advertising on these forums but you can use the free classifieds on http://www.cattletoday.com

Thanks Dun !!
My apologies to the Forum owners :oops:

L

I might not know anything about running cattle in canyons or deserts, but around here if a bull is tall enough to get the cows bred - then he has plenty of leg. I spent a lot of years working in the meat processing end of the industry - I never did hear anyone complain about wanting more shank meat or soup bones out of a beef.

Nice bulls - all they need are white faces!

ALACOWMAN":bdtqdqgn said:
tighten' up that brisket, narrow down his rib make him pencil gutt .then you can have all the leg you want

And then we will appeal to 90% of those on this forum!

This 2008 Champion Bull is an exceptional animal! There are many factors to consider when analyzing how effective he would be as a breeder, but, certainly, one must consider FERTILITY as Job One! Another important consideration is - for what purpose is he to be used? Maternal or Terminal - or BOTH? They include Industry segment (cow-calf, or stocker-feeder, or seedstock), and number of cows he can cover. ...and I am sure that his mobility is adequate without "lengthening" his legs. It depends on the terrain he will be expected to traverse. "Priorities" in bull selection must be put in their proper perspectives, and you DON'T discard a Champion Bull whose Phenotype matches this one without considering factors other than leg length!

DOC HARRIS

I don't know much at all about bull selection ~ but I know that that first bull is about the best I have ever seen. Almost makes me wish I were a cow! :lol2: ;-).

Beautiful animals ~ all 3 of them. Good for you!

I really like the first bull. My only question is about his genetics. I see he is a Precision line bull. Do you know if the sire is tested for Curly Calf Syndrome. If he is clean, you've got a heck of a powerful bull there!

Latest posts