Uruguayan angus

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hi,

Just some pictures of bulls I am collecting down here.

2008 National Champion.
capitan_1.jpg

Another good bull...
Zapicn.jpg

A nice redbrangus I bought some months ago
JefeRojoBRANGUS.jpg

Nothing more, just to show what we are using down here... :D

L

that top RA bull...... i aint seen a ass on one like that anywhere. im sure the experts will pick him apart but he's a hoss edit ...his tail set is really nice, most are setting nearly on top of their backs

I like the first red angus except for the length of leg, if you could put the length of leg on him that the third pic has, he would be a really nice one. That's my opinion anyway. :lol2:

Better eye appeal though, and that will bring a little extra money.

RD-Sam":d8m490lz said:
Depends on the conditions. In our pasture environement, the biggesty is 35 acres but it's subdivided into smaller paddocks, That short legged bull would be just the ticket. On range, larger pastures or really rough terrain the longer legged bull would be a better choice.

dun":ndp39i2z said:
RD-Sam":ndp39i2z said:
Depends on the conditions. In our pasture environement, the biggesty is 35 acres but it's subdivided into smaller paddocks, That short legged bull would be just the ticket. On range, larger pastures or really rough terrain the longer legged bull would be a better choice.
could be the RA has the same leg, but just a whole lot more flesh and depth.. im a brangus man but i wouldnt use that red one regardless.

dun":1wl1ntsp said:
RD-Sam":1wl1ntsp said:

Makes you wonder how those puds can breed so many cows from montana to new mexico,I guess they didn't know they needed long legged bulls :?

I like the top RA. Small head, good length and depth. Is semen available from him? What are his EPDs. Does he have any sons in the States

I figure he would look a little legger after a month or two of chasing cows. I would say that Lorenzo has got a pretty good set of bulls there.

sooknortex":3828ryzk said:
I do a lot of breeding in section sized pastures (640 acres for you easterners) and that first bull has plenty of leg to cover the ground.

We were running them on about a 20X30 mile square of canyons and needed leg. 300-350 acres per pair was about the maximum we could run.

dun":2j6kjgbd said:
sooknortex":2j6kjgbd said:
I do a lot of breeding in section sized pastures (640 acres for you easterners) and that first bull has plenty of leg to cover the ground.

We were running them on about a 20X30 mile square of canyons and needed leg. 300-350 acres per pair was about the maximum we could run.

Yup, you better have some leg, those little stubby ones would get aweful tired just trying to find food! :lol2:

Lorenzo,
love the top bull, he has the depth and muscle that I want my cattle to have and the frame size doesn't bother me one bit. Looks like an efficient animal.

dun":thzhhgi9 said:
sooknortex":thzhhgi9 said:

No offense Dun but 300-350 acres per pair isn't a pasture, it's a parking lot.

BTW i like that first bull a lot. I don't think his legs are that short he's just kinda FAT and it makes him look shorter than he is.

BTW i like that first bull a lot. I don't think his legs are that short he's just kinda FAT and it makes him look shorter than he is.

Yes, he will look very different if he was running in desert like dun used to run cows on. For long periods of time during the year my cattle run on similar conditions at a similar stocking rate, you need good legs without excessive bone with hard dark hooves. The animal needs to be in balance otherwise it won't be an easy traveler regardless of leg length. Long legs alone won't automatically mean it can handle range just as shorter legs don't automatically mean it can't

Latest posts