up-dated pics of my alliance son

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerD44

Reaction score
Here is the pic i posted a while back at 25 months of age and at the beginning of breeding season
[/img]
Cattle06006.jpg
Aug.jpg

any thoughts on him??? how would u describe him for thickness and muscling??? I have herd alot of talk since joining the boards about funnel butts and small nutted angus bulls- hoping i have a good one. He's done a pretty good job breeding as far as i can tell. he is responsible for about 40 head and cleanup on 15 more or so

Nice growthy looking bull, has some muscle to him. Looks like he did some work this summer. Are you guys having the same drought that is going through Northern Wisconsin.

I like him, wish I had some like animals. You might tell him its not polite to stick your tongue out at people though. :lol:

PS: You have a pretty nice looking place up there.

yes we are- but thankfully we have been getting some rain the last couple weeks- got 2 1/2 inches the last 2 days!!! too late for anyone with non irrigated corn- other than for silage use. but hopefully it'll get the grass growing again. we have been feeding hay and silage for a month now :(

Nice bull, but to me he looks a little small for his age, and the photo of him walking with the cows makes him look narrow? maybe its just the photo?. he looks to be a good heifer bull. I think you would get more money for your calves if you used a good black limo bull. At the end of the day its all about making money. just my opinion.

topsquar":3c3gm76p said:
Nice bull, but to me he looks a little small for his age, and the photo of him walking with the cows makes him look narrow? maybe its just the photo?. he looks to be a good heifer bull. I think you would get more money for your calves if you used a good black limo bull. At the end of the day its all about making money. just my opinion.

Well most of our cows are high percentage simmental so we need more of the angus influence rather then another continental breed i think. After we get more of our cow herd switched over to angus crosses and therefore- hopefully- a little smaller cow size- then we will probably go back to a simmy or sim-angus cross bull. Best way to make money is to get growthier calves out of more moderate cows without getting too extreme that it leads to calving problems.

Looks like a good bull to me. Out there working for a living on a hot dry summer.

mnmt

cowspider":16g0fshi said:
Minnesota looks just like Sweden.

Looks like you grow alot of rocks in Sweden
:D Well, why do you think alot of us swedes emigrated to Minnesota 1850-1890.
In fact we get payed by the Eurpean union to have cattle on these so called naturepasture, about 170 $/acre.

denoginnizer":3vqihahl said:
He looks good to me too. What were his ww , bw and yw numbers?

Well his sire's #'s are excellent but his dam's are pretty low- although they pretty much have no accurracy what so ever. And i never got to see her- but the price was so reasonable for the bull and he looked very good so we grabbed him up.

so when averaged out they come to +1bw,+35 ww, +65 yw, +21milk, and +10 $en

dont know his actual weights but the breeder said he weighed around 80lbs bw out of a first calf heifer.

Latest posts