up date on fence..aka hatfields & McCoys

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
we went to build the line fence.. crazy chick called the cops.. again.. i called the sts they wouldnt do any thing it was a civil wouldnt intervene till it turn criminal, told me to call sherriff, i did,, he would do any thing till it got criminal .. suggested that i not build fence to day it was hot and all... after a long discussion w/ him explaining what was going on.. i asked him if he know how to get her cause it may get real... he asked me so you are going to go a head and build fence ? i told him yes.. later doug went to get the tractor to push this big tank off our proptery about a ft she called the cops and said we were gonna shove her building.. he called me back told me that we all were going to get arested tha i was antagonizing her.. i say its my land she says it hers.. and untill i get somthing in writing that i can build fence i will be arrested! apparently cash recept, deed and survey in your name mean nothing ! along w tax receipts.. i told him i didnt want to roll over to her and leaving would be doing just that ! she went and set in the big tank trespassing clearly maked and posted... i didnt how ever leave but i got one more post set and the back line set..
gonna be a long summer apparently.. i just cant belive that some one could steal your land if this farts around for 5 more yrs she could legaly take it that fence has to come up soon...
i did how ever get a nice tan this weeked LOL and buff up my arms for driving posts and tamping wooden ones in gotta find some good out of all this ! Rose

Rose, has she got something on somebody...like the local law enforcement, or something?

Can you cross file against her for anything? I mean any little, bitty thing. Can you file against her, and keep filing agains her, and use up her money?

How big, mean, and hairy legged is your lawyer? Maybe it's time he pulled out the stops...being nice and proper can only get ya' so far... :mad:

Alice

alice yeah , mr rodgers isnt the way to go.. that is soooo against my raising... but.. oh i have a list to slap her with, and it keeps growing starting out w my cattle feed bill... i may have to quit my jobs and get one of them thar "crazy ckecks like her" i think momma dee is de pressed also cause she can get over in the green pasture LOL i try to find humor.. cause i wont want to stup to her level but it looks like i gotta slum... going to lawyers tomorow again and court house.. missing a day of work which adds up too.... $$ Rose

brownmule":3hlvgk5y said:
we went to build the line fence.. crazy chick called the cops.. again.. i called the sts they wouldnt do any thing it was a civil wouldnt intervene till it turn criminal, told me to call sherriff, i did,, he would do any thing till it got criminal .. suggested that i not build fence to day it was hot and all... after a long discussion w/ him explaining what was going on.. i asked him if he know how to get her cause it may get real... he asked me so you are going to go a head and build fence ? i told him yes.. later doug went to get the tractor to push this big tank off our proptery about a ft she called the cops and said we were gonna shove her building.. he called me back told me that we all were going to get arested tha i was antagonizing her.. i say its my land she says it hers.. and untill i get somthing in writing that i can build fence i will be arrested! apparently cash recept, deed and survey in your name mean nothing ! along w tax receipts.. i told him i didnt want to roll over to her and leaving would be doing just that !
she went and set in the big tank trespassing clearly maked and posted

Why can't you file trespassing, littering charges against her?
Also can she provide proof that the tank never contained hazardous material?

... i didnt how ever leave but i got one more post set and the back line set..
gonna be a long summer apparently.. i just cant belive that some one could steal your land if this farts around for 5 more yrs she could legaly take it that fence has to come up soon...
i did how ever get a nice tan this weeked LOL and buff up my arms for driving posts and tamping wooden ones in gotta find some good out of all this ! Rose

I was thinking you should take her to court also. Maybe getting a court order would get the police to do something.

brownmule,

If you feel you are on the right side...I would retain an attorney and have him enter a motion for restraining order for her harassing you.

These things can get ugly.

A few years ago a neighbor widow alleged that her late husband
had purchased a 100 acre strip from the previous owner and that we were tresspassing. After lengthy conversations...to no avail...we informed her we must get on with our work. As we started cutting hay she went home and came back with a shot gun and appeared out of the fence row in front of the tractor.

We shut down..left ....and was in court in about 2 hours for an ex-parte restraining order...which was granted and served by the sheriff the same day... no problem the next morning as we continued to cut hay. She never appeared at the court hearing set for about 7 days later.

Maybe she is just bluffing, I mean if she calls the cops they come out, they can't just arrest you for no good reason, and maybe she would back down then, if not, I think you are going to have to get a surveyor out and then go to court.

GMN

the land has been survayed about 4 yrs ago i paid extra to have pin set in the middle of the line so that there would be no prob running a fence line on us... and peg the line thru the illegal tire dump they put on her land and ours ( i didnt want to clean up her side) so far we have took about 400 out still 250-300 on us..
a restraint order is in the works.. the reason the popo didnt come out it was HOT! and i hadnt put a knot on her head yet.. he didnt want to come out.. he didnt want ot have to come because of a fight then he would have to it would then be criminal... i told him i didnt come down to pull hair and roll around on the ground,, im there to build fence! im gonna push this to go to court enough is enough... i carry a legal box w me while i m on the farm... you should see my presentation ! the hood of our truck was my office desk last yr...i grouped all my pic of the damage she has done to the fields and the fence work and the tire dump and clean up that we have done.... im ready! rose

you go girl - just keep your ducks in a row and make absolutely sure that you don't even bend any laws!
but that being said - have fun! :banana:

A sheriff's deputy will do whatever he/she can to turn something into a "civil matter." Been down that road twice...

Rose, I don't know if it's possible, no matter how "right" it is, but see if you can't lay all of your lawyer expenses, and any other expense on that crazy chick's doorstep. Doesn't mean she'll pay it...and it doesn't mean that you won't have to pay it all anyway, but at least give it a try. If nothing else, you could get a lien against her property for it.

And, like mdmdogs said,

you go girl - just keep your ducks in a row and make absolutely sure that you don't even bend any laws!
but that being said - have fun! :banana:

Alice

Photos&papers,photos&papers lots and lots..Mabe get Judge Judy involved :lol: :roll:

I have a bad neighbor, too, but he aint near as bad as yours.

Find a good attorney that will persue the law enforcement officers until they do something. I wish you luck. I really feel for you.

brownmule":1uh6gj6b said:
the land has been survayed about 4 yrs ago i paid extra to have pin set in the middle of the line so that there would be no prob running a fence line on us... and peg the line thru the illegal tire dump they put on her land and ours ( i didnt want to clean up her side) so far we have took about 400 out still 250-300 on us..
a restraint order is in the works.. the reason the popo didnt come out it was HOT! and i hadnt put a knot on her head yet.. he didnt want to come out.. he didnt want ot have to come because of a fight then he would have to it would then be criminal... i told him i didnt come down to pull hair and roll around on the ground,, im there to build fence! im gonna push this to go to court enough is enough... i carry a legal box w me while i m on the farm... you should see my presentation ! the hood of our truck was my office desk last yr...i grouped all my pic of the damage she has done to the fields and the fence work and the tire dump and clean up that we have done.... im ready! rose

If you have had the land surveyed, I guess i'm confused, as to why and how she is giving you grief, because if the land is marked and surveyed she doesn't have a legal leg to stand on, or am I missing something?

Gail

If you have had the land surveyed, I guess i'm confused, as to why and how she is giving you grief, because if the land is marked and surveyed she doesn't have a legal leg to stand on, or am I missing something?

Gail[/quote]
exactly. she dont even have a peg-leg to stand on.. the previous owner gave her permission to use it.. she would rather try to steal it.. she said she has a turtle farm that was the reAson last yr she would move her stuff off.. the eggs were hatching it was nov there is no turtle farm... wounder if she uses a squeeze shute for them onery varmints! she is a pain in the donkey..she stoled the land she has now from a old boyfirend so she thinks she can take what ever she wants.. or bully ppl in to giving in.. i have all doc and pics talked to my lawyer to day he said go build fence! she gave false info to police.. said she had and injuction against me she dont she filed a complaint.. we filed an awnser and counter suit..

brownmule":3n4onjio said:

Gail
exactly. she dont even have a peg-leg to stand on.. the previous owner gave her permission to use it.. she would rather try to steal it.. she said she has a turtle farm that was the reAson last yr she would move her stuff off.. the eggs were hatching it was nov there is no turtle farm... wounder if she uses a squeeze shute for them onery varmints! she is a pain in the donkey..she stoled the land she has now from a old boyfirend so she thinks she can take what ever she wants.. or bully ppl in to giving in.. i have all doc and pics talked to my lawyer to day he said go build fence! she gave false info to police.. said she had and injuction against me she dont she filed a complaint.. we filed an awnser and counter suit

Then build that fence, darlin'...and watch your backside, literally! Especially watch out for those mutant ninja turtles.

GAWD, I wish was there to watch the fun... :banana:

Alice

brownmule":1wnob2nl said:

Gail
exactly. she dont even have a peg-leg to stand on.. the previous owner gave her permission to use it.. she would rather try to steal it.. she said she has a turtle farm that was the reAson last yr she would move her stuff off.. the eggs were hatching it was nov there is no turtle farm... wounder if she uses a squeeze shute for them onery varmints! she is a pain in the donkey..she stoled the land she has now from a old boyfirend so she thinks she can take what ever she wants.. or bully ppl in to giving in.. i have all doc and pics talked to my lawyer to day he said go build fence! she gave false info to police.. said she had and injuction against me she dont she filed a complaint.. we filed an awnser and counter suit..[/quote]

A turtle farm? Now that is funny :)

I say she is bluffing, I'd go ahead and do as you want, and id she starts up just ignore her, best way to deal with some peope is call their bluff, and then ignore.

Hope it works out.

Gail

I still think we all need to load up one weekend and help build the fence. I bet with 20 people we could fence the hole place while ms. Brown Mule "talks" with the trouble.
And then Ta-da it will be done and we can get on with the cooking and moving the cows to tall grass.
Mike: bring your ment julipes and hole diggers.

So when do we show up.

alabama":254t236b said:
I still think we all need to load up one weekend and help build the fence. I bet with 20 people we could fence the hole place while ms. Brown Mule "talks" with the trouble.
And then Ta-da it will be done and we can get on with the cooking and moving the cows to tall grass.
Mike: bring your ment julipes and hole diggers.

So when do we show up.

you just let me know what good for ya all.... well russle some turtles from the that there turtle farm next door... :cboy: LOL
i went to court house to day talked to sheriff showed him my files told what had happen sat , what the deputy said. he told me that they wont come down there.. and he ll talk to his deputys and to build my fence..... they would not arrest me, so now i planning a menu, and a fence crew LOL ;-)

Latest posts