Unreliable people

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I decided to start tidying the workshop...slowly but surely.

First thing was to make a pile destined for 'scrap metal'. The next was to go through all my grandfather's tools, most of them vintage and still in good nic. They are not being used and my brothers are not interested in them either. Next, anything that I no longer have use for(until it is sold).

Used 3 online sites to advertise the goods and this is where I again realised how unreliable people have become. They phone, we arrange to meet and they don't pitch apart from the odd one.
Are some people just too busy or too self involved or what? They don't care if they inconvenience another. It takes nothing to call and cancel if one can't make it.

Am thinking I should have just piled them all on the scrap heap :mad:. Rant over :D

My wife had a little onlind business selling plants. About 50% of people who had arranged a time to collect their plants never came and of those only about 10% let her know. That is why you often see 'no holds' and 'advertised elsewhere' on ads now.

Redgully said:
My wife had a little onlind business selling plants. About 50% of people who had arranged a time to collect their plants never came and of those only about 10% let her know. That is why you often see 'no holds' and 'advertised elsewhere' on ads now.

Yes, majority only take electronic money transfer now as well.

alisonb said:
Are some people just too busy or too self involved or what? They don't care if they inconvenience another. It takes nothing to call and cancel if one can't make it.

Am thinking I should have just piled them all on the scrap heap :mad:. Rant over :D

I've often wondered the same thing. It's odd that most people consider themselves "busy," but apparently they don't think anyone else is. If they say they will meet you to go over something at a certain time, it's apparently ok if they don't show because the other person has all day to sit around waiting for them. I'm a very punctual person, and if I say I'll meet you somewhere at a certain time, I will be there. If I'm not, you will know something really serious has happened. I don't understand people.

This really gets on my nerves. 😡🤬 when we sell stuff people say this and that we wait round for them to come some never show never say they aren't coming.... who does that? Who thinks its find to stand people up. So disrespectful and rude to me. Unethical!! This "new age time" is different than how I was raised I guess.

Another thing I can't stand is when somebody pass and people start post it online asap after they find out. Yes, I do understand things have gone to social media but at least contact family and close family before blasting so and so is dead. Or RIP so and so. When half the family doesn't know. Or the news putting up pictures of wrecks, accidents, etc. When somebody dies. I don't know about ya'll but I could clearly do without seeing that. And I'm will bet the family could too. My dad was kill in a car wreck his wreck was on front page of the news paper. Nobody wants to see that.

Man it chaps my rear end selling hay. I have folks tell me they'll be there at 9, show up 9:30. If you get lost, that's one thing, but don't delay my day. I've had to learn some things about selling stuff. I've always been cash only, but I won't help you load, won't hold it unless you pay. I have taken a check a few times, but I tell them it has to clear before they can load. Thankfully I've never had anyone push it and show up with a truck. That's why I like selling freezer beef. You want in, you pay the deposit. Pay the rest when it's killed, before you pick up. I chose the slaughter date that works for me. It's kind of a win.

Ha! I worked for a guy who was unreliable. Not punctual, weak charecter. The world is getting more and more self centered. You need to 90% of the time be as hard on people as they will be with you and the other 10% be surprised someone else is decent like you.
The world was dog eat dog. Now we live in a world where the dogs are full. Unfortunately.

It's terrible, I can echo all the sentiments so far. You clearly describe the item and terms, and they ask some stupid question that is cleary answered in the ad, aaaagghhh! I have to do some more myself, and I'm not looking forward to it.

snoopdog said:
It's terrible, I can echo all the sentiments so far. You clearly describe the item and terms, and they ask some stupid question that is cleary answered in the ad, aaaagghhh! I have to do some more myself, and I'm not looking forward to it.

I think sometimes they ask those questions just to see if you budge. For instance, "So the hay is $170/ton?" I always say "Yep, $170." To me it's like they're trying to lead me into saying "Well, I could do $160 if you bought it all."

We had somebody wanting to a bulldozer for a dirt bike one time. Sent pictures and all. Looked like a nice bulldozer they texted all about it. Turned out to be a kid trying to trade his Grand dads bulldozer. 🙄

Another time we had a guy trying to trade a cowboy for a 4 wheeler.

Or of course (no offense but its really annoying to me) all the people that text when we have vehicles for sale. Excuse me for not wanting to drop the price to 10 buck cause your 10 baby mamas need a car, your a single moms, lost your jobs, just got out the hospital, or whatever excuse they have... or can we hold it for the next 10 months 🙄🤔 or let them make payments or loan them money. HELL TO THE NO!!! I'm not that kind of person. A maybe nice to an extent but when it comes to business its business. 😉🤑

First of all who does that? Who ask a complete stranger to let them make payments? 🤷🏽‍♀️
🙄🤔🤑🤓🤡👻

Chevy said:
We had somebody wanting to a bulldozer for a dirt bike one time. Sent pictures and all. Looked like a nice bulldozer they texted all about it. Turned out to be a kid trying to trade his Grand dads bulldozer. 🙄 :lol2:

Another time we had a guy trying to trade a cowboy for a 4 wheeler. :lol2:

Or of course (no offense but its really annoying to me) all the people that text when we have vehicles for sale. Excuse me for not wanting to drop the price to 10 buck cause your 10 baby mamas need a car, your a single moms, lost your jobs, just got out the hospital, or whatever excuse they have... or can we hold it for the next 10 months 🙄🤔 or let them make payments or loan them money. be nice TO THE NO!!! I'm not that kind of person. A maybe nice to an extent but when it comes to business its business. 😉🤑

First of all who does that? Who ask a complete stranger to let them make payments? 🤷🏽‍♀️
🙄🤔🤑🤓🤡👻

While we're trading anecdotes - I arranged with a guy last year to come look at the milking shed he wanted to be there at 8 am, I said no, I'm busy at that time, 8:30 will be good. He agreed to come at 8:30.

He turned up at 8:15. I had my niece and nephew with me getting ready to start work in the garden, and sent them up to the school that day without even starting.
I had *twenty minutes* each morning to work with those kids. That is why I asked him to arrive no earlier than 8:30.

Sometimes you can allow for good reason - but I've had people this last year wanting to check the cows make appointments, cancel those appointments or fail to show then want to make another appointment. These guys get paid a salary to harass farmers, I meanwhile have a farm to run and don't have time for that nonsense. On the other hand one salesman last year didn't turn up for an appointment and I thought maybe I misunderstood the arrangement but when I spoke to someone at his workplace I learned he'd been in a car accident that day.

Latest posts