Uh-oh

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime

Reaction score
Drove the pickup 3 miles back in the woods to get the tractor to bring home. Took the ramps so I could leave the pickup and drive the 4 wheeler back and load the 4 wheeler and bring the pickup and 4 wheeler back home. I'm back home with the tractor and realize the 4 wheeler keys are in the pickup 3 miles back in the woods.

ga.prime said:
Drove the pickup 3 miles back in the woods to get the tractor to bring home. Took the ramps so I could leave the pickup and drive the 4 wheeler back and load the 4 wheeler and bring the pickup and 4 wheeler back home. I'm back home with the tractor and realize the 4 wheeler keys are in the pickup 3 miles back in the woods.[/quote

dang ga...we must be relatives. :lol2:

uh oh is right.thats why i leave the key in the 4 wheeler unless i have no choice but to take it out.

Sounds like a typical Monday. I have a friend that welded a bike rack on some of his equipment. Been thinking of doing the same.

TexasBred":1eumytfv said:
ga.prime":1eumytfv said:
Drove the pickup 3 miles back in the woods to get the tractor to bring home. Took the ramps so I could leave the pickup and drive the 4 wheeler back and load the 4 wheeler and bring the pickup and 4 wheeler back home. I'm back home with the tractor and realize the 4 wheeler keys are in the pickup 3 miles back in the woods.[/quote

dang ga...we must be relatives. :lol2:

geez, we're all family.

Jogeephus":uk8v9c57 said:
Sounds like a typical Monday. I have a friend that welded a bike rack on some of his equipment. Been thinking of doing the same.
Riding the bike back to get the truck would've been an attractive option except my youngest son bent the derailer on it into the shape of a cinnamon roll about a month ago and it's unrideable.

Try blowing a tire on the feed truck hauling hay home. No spare, no jack. 10 miles from home.
My 13yo son had to get everything and come help me. He did a great job standing on the wrench we were using to get lug nuts off. A guy stopped to help, well if you call watching us do it help. :lol2: He did have a can of stuff that helped get the lug nuts loose.
Something about me and certain vehicles and trailers never having a spare. :nod:

ga.prime":cx428pad said:
Drove the pickup 3 miles back in the woods to get the tractor to bring home. Took the ramps so I could leave the pickup and drive the 4 wheeler back and load the 4 wheeler and bring the pickup and 4 wheeler back home. I'm back home with the tractor and realize the 4 wheeler keys are in the pickup 3 miles back in the woods.

Oh that's nothing, most of the ditzy crap I do ends up with me getting hurt.

ga.prime":14lfrnjb said:
Jogeephus":14lfrnjb said:
Riding the bike back to get the truck would've been an attractive option except my youngest son bent the derailer on it into the shape of a cinnamon roll about a month ago and it's unrideable.

That's why you need to go by the police station and buy a used one. Preferably one with a bannana seat and those chopper handle bars and a sissy bar. You know, something even a crack head wouldn't steal and the last owner wouldn't claim.

Jogeephus":1cv4snen said:
ga.prime":1cv4snen said:
Jogeephus":1cv4snen said:

That's why you need to go by the police station and buy a used one. Preferably one with a bannana seat and those chopper handle bars and a sissy bar. You know, something even a crack head wouldn't steal and the last owner wouldn't claim.
Yeah, just like the one I had in 1968. :lol2:

Speaking of a chopper looking bike.

How many of you ever cut the front forks off an extra old bicycle and slid them on you bike's front forks? This would make your bike look like a chopper with the front wheel sticking out & high and the rear end sitting low. We use to take 2 extra sets of front forks and put them on a bike. It made the front end really light cause it shifted the center of gravity back. Pedal too hard and the front end would rise up in the air.....

This thread is one of the things I like about this forum. You can start out talking about forgetfulness and migrate into memories from 40 years ago and everyone is with you the whole time. :lol2:

Never cut the forks off, but sild two pieces of 3/4 conduit over the forks. Used to beat the ends flat an drill a hole through both pieces, pulled a wheelly lost a fork busted butt, an head . Some things you never forget!! ouch.

Jalopy":35xhi1qq said:
This thread is one of the things I like about this forum. You can start out talking about forgetfulness and migrate into memories from 40 years ago and everyone is with you the whole time. :lol2:

Same here. I guess like minds think alike. Speaking of memories, does anyone remember when Esso Oil Company aka Exxon had their "put a tiger in your tank" promotion and had a drawing for the chopper bike with the tiger striped seat, sissy bar and tiger heads on the handle bars? My brother was one of the lucky winners and boy was I jealous and I had dark thoughts of stealing his bike and this was during a time when crack was just a place your underwear migrated to. :lol2:

The net is great, there is still hope. Found this on the net. Might juice up my hay bike!

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/e ... n-pkg-1965

highgrit":1mo3vtic said:
Never cut the forks off, but sild two pieces of 3/4 conduit over the forks. Used to beat the ends flat an drill a hole through both pieces, pulled a wheelly lost a fork busted butt, an head . Some things you never forget!! ouch.

I cut the forks off of another bike and pounded them over the existing forks on my own bike like the poster above. Just like highgrit it was all fun and games on my "chopper" until one day while riding a wheelie down the road the extra forks came off along with the front wheel. I remember seeing the front wheel and forks fall off, bounce up in the air and when I came down off of the wheelie the remaining front forks dug into that hard pack clay road. The bike stopped right there......I kept on going.....arse over tea kettle about 3 flips. After a bit of addled (and sore) recovery time, I dragged that bike home and welded the forks on. Only being 10 years old or so I was not the best welder and wound up getting a big chunk of slag down in the welding glove. I still have that burn scar to remind me to this day of my Evel Knievel wannabe days.

Nowland Farms":2qvhgzoc said:
Speaking of a chopper looking bike.

How many of you ever cut the front forks off an extra old bicycle and slid them on you bike's front forks? This would make your bike look like a chopper with the front wheel sticking out & high and the rear end sitting low. We use to take 2 extra sets of front forks and put them on a bike. It made the front end really light cause it shifted the center of gravity back. Pedal too hard and the front end would rise up in the air.....
did that a bunch popped a wheelie one time and the whole front end came off tire and forks the main forks drove in the asphalt like a spear buried the ape hangers in my ribs :cowboy:

Those old banana seat bikes were great for giving bucks on! :D Or running them off the end of a dock into a lake. :D

highgrit":fmij81oo said:

I did this to my bike, thought I left them hangin on the handle bar yoke a couple times. Also used to put a playing card attached with a clothes pin on the back of the frame where it would ride on the rear spokes for a little motor noise. I can still remember the first sissy bar I ever saw, bent up every piece of pipe i could find trying to make one.

The first thing that usually went on a bike was the chain guard, if you ever had your britches leg caught up in the sprocket you would remember to roll it up next time. I have a picture some where of seven of us boys sitting on our chopped out bikes with one britches leg and our shirt sleeves rolled up. Best I remember we all had a jaw full of bubble gum like we were chewing tobacco. If I can find it I will post it on here. That brings back alot of memories.

Bach to the OP for a tic.
Don´t you have a spare key at home?

I bought a Huskvarna Ride on and found all the keys were the same anyways

Latest posts