Uh-oh

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":1y7hnjt3 said:
Those were the days, before cell phones, computers, game boys.

The average kid today is an expert in technology 100 times more powerfull than the computers that controlled the lunar module back in 69. I remember when digital watches were considered high tech and cost about 100.00 when they first came out. You can get one now at gas stations for 4.00 or less. Heck the technology in my cell phone could have guided the 1st space shuttle back in the early 80's.

tytower":1te8u569 said:
Bach to the OP for a tic.
Don´t you have a spare key at home?
Yes, but it was gone from the usual drawer that I keep it in. So was the one I keep in a cardboard box out under the shelter.. Had five sets made a year or two back- stashed 'em all around- with a big Honda keychain on each so they'd be easy to find..After an hour or two I remembered seeing one in the bedroom somewhere- went and looked and there was one in a bowl of potpouri on the dresser.

Jogeephus":tuzq6d5h said:
Jalopy":tuzq6d5h said:
This thread is one of the things I like about this forum. You can start out talking about forgetfulness and migrate into memories from 40 years ago and everyone is with you the whole time. :lol2:

Same here. I guess like minds think alike. Speaking of memories, does anyone remember when Esso Oil Company aka Exxon had their "put a tiger in your tank" promotion and had a drawing for the chopper bike with the tiger striped seat, sissy bar and tiger heads on the handle bars? My brother was one of the lucky winners and boy was I jealous and I had dark thoughts of stealing his bike and this was during a time when crack was just a place your underwear migrated to. :lol2:

The net is great, there is still hope. Found this on the net. Might juice up my hay bike!

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/e ... n-pkg-1965
Glad you posted that Jo..didn't know that they were rare, I have a set of those on an old chopper bike in the garage. and I remember the Tiger in the Tank advert.

chrisy":3d24wr5b said:
Jogeephus":3d24wr5b said:
Same here. I guess like minds think alike. Speaking of memories, does anyone remember when Esso Oil Company aka Exxon had their "put a tiger in your tank" promotion and had a drawing for the chopper bike with the tiger striped seat, sissy bar and tiger heads on the handle bars? My brother was one of the lucky winners and boy was I jealous and I had dark thoughts of stealing his bike and this was during a time when crack was just a place your underwear migrated to. :lol2:

The net is great, there is still hope. Found this on the net. Might juice up my hay bike!

Glad you posted that Jo..didn't know that they were rare, I have a set of those on an old chopper bike in the garage. and I remember the Tiger in the Tank advert.

Since when do girls save old chopper bikes?
I would think you would have made hubby's life miserable until he threw the thing away. :D :D :heart:

john250":37a31c1c said:
chrisy":37a31c1c said:
Jogeephus":37a31c1c said:

I would think you would have made hubby's life miserable until he threw the thing away. :D :D :heart:
Oh! no....the bike will never be thrown away it belonged to my Son that died, and it sits there on its rack as he left it. I'd shoot my hubby if he moved it. as would our other children.

chrisy":1vfpw6wd said:
john250":1vfpw6wd said:
chrisy":1vfpw6wd said:

Oh! no....the bike will never be thrown away it belonged to my Son that died, and it sits there on its rack as he left it. I'd shoot my hubby if he moved it. as would our other children.

I knew there had to be an awfully strong reason. That's a good reason. I don't imagine the handgrips are for sale.

no the grips are not for sale, by me but you never know in the future by one of the children, I have removed the grips and put them in the safe, as it would be a shame for them to deteriorate, as I feel sure that is what Paul would have wanted.

I was down the road feeding calves and shut the 4 wheeler off, and didn't set the brakes. Turned around, when i was done, and saw the red beast rolling through the electric fence and down the hill into the field, and then through some more electric fence..think you get the picture-BUT what was really funny was me chasing it..

GMN

GMN":12bjjqf9 said:
I was down the road feeding calves and shut the 4 wheeler off, and didn't set the brakes. Turned around, when i was done, and saw the red beast rolling through the electric fence and down the hill into the field, and then through some more electric fence..think you get the picture-BUT what was really funny was me chasing it..

GMN
GMN photo's we need photo's... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts