Oh hail

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Heard that we're forecast for gorilla hail. No explanation as to what it is, but it doesn't sound good.

Had some a few years back about 8/9 inches in diameter in the northern corner of Wyoming on the border of South Dakota. There was a trailer house that had one go through the roof and the floor.

Had some a few years back about 8/9 inches in diameter in the northern corner of Wyoming on the border of South Dakota. There was a trailer house that had one go through the roof and the floor.
Yes, says it will penetrate a house roof. I'm driving the feed truck to work tomorrow. The worst part about getting hail damage is everyone in the area gets hail damage so it takes forever to get anything fixed.

Yes, says it will penetrate a house roof. I'm driving the feed truck to work tomorrow. The worst part about getting hail damage is everyone in the area gets hail damage so it takes forever to get anything fixed.
Some years ago we had a hailstorm that hit us and a few properties either side of us. No one else in the area had any hail at all, about ten days later almost exactly the same thing happened again in exactly the same properties. These are only 30-50 acre properties so about a 1km strip about about 500m wide was the area hit. Did a lot of damage.

This spring I went to leave the sale barn. It was pounding down big marble sized hail. I decided againest walking out into it. 15 minutes later it turned to rain and I went to the pickup. A couple miles down the road the pavement was dry. The next day I heard that a little town 20 miles northwest of there got baseball sized hail that did a lot of damage.

we had 3/10 of an inch around 4:30 yesterday morning and just a couple of sprinkles off and on......nothing like what was predicted or needed. I debated putting out ryegrass seed on Saturday that has been sitting in the barn. Now I 'm glad I talked myself into waiting!

Glad to hear some folks were blessed with better rain!

We're suppose to go to 28, man, i'll have to put a ton of hanging baskets up. I use to just set them close to the house if it wasng going to stay cold, but those dang puppies destroy anything i care about...

We also get those clusters with 3 or 4 pingpong balls stuck together up to 3 or 4 baseballs too. Biggest I've ever seen. Right thru the car windows. Don't think I have seen grapefruit or softball size. Just baseballs stuck together and that was awful.

Latest posts