Ugly cow contest

Help Support CattleToday:

cowman30":1ahw318d said:
regolith":1ahw318d said:
Kenny: my eyes must need fixin'

I think she looks just fine. At 18 years old, I wouldn't even fault her weight and that dip in her spine.

If she's a contender, I might need to find a recent photo of my 67 to challenge her with. But 67 isn't the ugliest for sure... maybe Trudy is.
I have lots of nasty photos - but they're records of sick cattle, which is unfair competition.
Trudy is here, the Jersey cow: http://cowcalfandvet.wordpress.com/2009 ... /#more-171
She's sick in that photo, but she's ugly anyway. I'm just waiting for the day she doesn't breed, so I can get rid of her.

Johnes or BVD?

TennesseeMasterBeefProducer or baxter78?

cfpinz: she's a Jersey. I think? Bit of an oddly put-together heffa altogether.

Johnes or BVD?

Neither. All of the cows imaged in that post have Facial Eczema - liver damage, owing to a fungal toxin in the grass. She's in this one too: http://cowcalfandvet.blogspot.com/2008/ ... pdate.html (Trudy = 147) and the links go back through to last February. I've been meaning to do a 'one year later update' blog post on those cows - all that survived are looking pretty good.

cfpinz":2wqs893k said:
cowman30":2wqs893k said:
regolith":2wqs893k said:
Kenny: my eyes must need fixin'

I think she looks just fine. At 18 years old, I wouldn't even fault her weight and that dip in her spine.

If she's a contender, I might need to find a recent photo of my 67 to challenge her with. But 67 isn't the ugliest for sure... maybe Trudy is.
I have lots of nasty photos - but they're records of sick cattle, which is unfair competition.
Trudy is here, the Jersey cow: http://cowcalfandvet.wordpress.com/2009 ... /#more-171
She's sick in that photo, but she's ugly anyway. I'm just waiting for the day she doesn't breed, so I can get rid of her.

Johnes or BVD?

TennesseeMasterBeefProducer or baxter78?

Nice try but I have no clue who they are. Besides what does this have to do with this thread?

3Way...I think I found a pic of that ol' cow's mama:

Ugly_Cow.jpg

TB I hate to say it but I've seen her mother and she don't look that good.

I have to admit I am pretty disapointed in the crew here I thought I could get ya'll to post something here to challenge Lucy.

BTW she calved Sunday, heifer, so tall at birth I couldn't straddle her to hold her while my partner eartagged. She looks like she will make a frame size 9 by the time she is 6 months old. Hope they like em tall at the feedlot cuz that's where she is headed and her momma may be working for Alpo this time next year.

K2011":1uevkuvi said:
TexasBred":1uevkuvi said:
3Way...I think I found a pic of that ol' cow's mama:

Ugly_Cow.jpg

lol...I like the horns on that one!

Come on K2....go ahead and critique the rest of this beauty. What about those hind quarters?? Bet the ribeyes are dandies too. The EPD's says she has good calving ease numbers and an easy keeper.

TexasBred":21237unp said:
Come on K2....go ahead and critique the rest of this beauty. What about those hind quarters?? Bet the ribeyes are dandies too. The EPD's says she has good calving ease numbers and an easy keeper.

I like the depth. I intend to keep my eye on this one and see how his calves develope. How much per staw for semen for this Angus?

HerefordSire":3uqhkfga said:
TexasBred":3uqhkfga said:

I like the depth. I intend to keep my eye on this one and see how his calves develope. How much per staw for semen for this ANGUS?
Herf there is no need for name calling this was a fun post til you had to go and try and get something started

HS - maybe you should stick to herefords :nod:

That ain't an Angus, that's a Taurindicus... ;-)

And the chest depth will complement Trudy's genetics perfectly...

Trudy_Feb_08.JPG

(sorry, 67's out of the running. Failed her PregDiagnos two days ago)

I can't *wait* to see the calves.

Angus Cowman":33yetp3m said:
Herf there is no need for name calling this was a fun post til you had to go and try and get something started

AC...I own Angus. I almost used the word Hereford.

regolith":15miymny said:
Eek, I'm so stoopid...

Have you got taurindicus' brother around?

I don't think there'll be much semen from that one. Maybe she had a son? :)

regolith...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regolith":2pad80ah said:
Eek, I'm so stoopid...

Have you got taurindicus' brother around?

I don't think there'll be much semen from that one. Maybe she had a son? :)
http://www.ruralnews.co.nz/Default.asp? ... 6&pageno=1

There is a limited amount of semen from the sire. It's pretty darn expensive tho as he passed in 1938. However, I do believe is he were mated with Trudy you'd get "something" that would have to better than sire or dam.

3waycross":29oqu0qj said:

I have to admit I am pretty disapointed in the crew here I thought I could get ya'll to post something here to challenge Lucy.

BTW she calved Sunday, heifer, so tall at birth I couldn't straddle her to hold her while my partner eartagged. She looks like she will make a frame size 9 by the time she is 6 months old. Hope they like em tall at the feedlot cuz that's where she is headed and her momma may be working for Alpo this time next year.

Holy crap and if I remember you are about 6'5" :shock: . I haven't had a real tall one since the Holsteins and them were some tall babies...Even that last freak weight bull calf came out pretty much square..I am sure I have a couple of older commercials that could compete with Lucy ,but they are camera shy... ;-)

Herefordsire: Trudy is a cross from freemartin by bulldog. But the bulldog might have been hereford - sometimes the white face doesn't show on the crosses.

hillsdown":2jluajkv said:
3waycross":2jluajkv said:

Holy crap and if I remember you are about 6'5" :shock: . I haven't had a real tall one since the Holsteins and them were some tall babies...Even that last freak weight bull calf came out pretty much square..I am sure I have a couple of older commercials that could compete with Lucy ,but they are camera shy... ;-)

Yea but I've got short legs. Nah just kiddin not quite 6'. And seriously that heifer is as tall as a Holstein. But then again so is her Ma

HerefordSire":3jchp0zt said:
TexasBred":3jchp0zt said:

I like the depth. I intend to keep my eye on this one and see how his calves develope. How much per staw for semen for this Angus?

lmao. :lol2: :lol2:

HerefordSire":2jfn70ke said:
regolith...Is trudy a purebred Hereford? TexasBred, how much per straw for those deep depth genetics?

HFS I'll have to sort of "test the market" on the semen. Haven't sold any from this cow's sire since '52 so there's no telling how much it's worth.Like a fine fine it gets more valuable with age and this type offspring is definitely in short supply. Under these circumstances I'll give you a couple hundred straws and we'll let the research begin in 9 months. Start thinking of a name for this new line.