TYE no till drill

Help Support CattleToday:

f1tiger

Reaction score
Have done some research but wondering if anyone has ever had one; Are they easy to maintain and can parts be bought easily,thanks for any info

I picked up one at a dispersal auction about 3 years ago before I was thrust back into a pasture renovation project. It was well cared for and the original owner definitely knew how to use a grease gun as it was well coated. I've used it only a bit so far.....just easing back into ....but my last use was with a fall planted cover crop.....radishes, turnips, triticale, vetch, etc....and a 2 inch rain the next weekend!! Wish I was always so lucky!!! It's doing ok, as far as being able to adjust the rate. I need to work more on the seedbed prep is my shortcoming so far. From other posts from years ago on this site, parts will be a problem possibly. I hope You get more replies with better info than my limited experience.

Mine is a Pasture Pleaser....I does ok. Worst thing about it is the seeders are plastic so don't force it when changing seeding rate. Not all that much fun replacing one. Parts are available.

They work good. Just do not hammer on the rods that drive the seed feeders. Some models are lighter and will not penetrate hard ground with big seed.

Ebenezer said:
They work good. Just do not hammer on the rods that drive the seed feeders. Some models are lighter and will not penetrate hard ground with big seed.

Ground moisture definitely needs to be right for heavier soils.

I usually order through Washington County Tractor in Bryan, Texas but here is an online link to Agco's online parts book.
http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/Default.aspx?

Been running one for 15 years planting everything from Soybeans to OG. Once you get use to the adjustments you won't have any trouble.
Double discs work the best in damp soils, single disc work better in dry soils.
I get my parts from agco also.
8859898485_590ac095ec_h.jpg

Latest posts