Drill question for overseeding

Help Support CattleToday:

Good question. My thought is if I kill the weeds more clover will come in the bare spots. I'm only seeing weeds in a few areas so I will sacrifice it. I will let you know.
But I figure this early I will kill some clover at least. But i want the buttercup gone. I should have sprayed around Thanksgiving but didn't get it done. Most of the clovers would have been dormant then.
I have one small pasture where the buttercup gets so thick you don't have to worry about burning the clover. I'm like you, I'll spray it hopefully before April.

I have one small pasture where the buttercup gets so thick you don't have to worry about burning the clover. I'm like you, I'll spray it hopefully before April.
In the fall works great but since it's almost spring watch for a time when the day temp gets over 60 for 3 days in a row. Spray it the third day or after. Doesn't take much spray when small.

In the fall works great but since it's almost spring watch for a time when the day temp gets over 60 for 3 days in a row. Spray it the third day or after. Doesn't take much spray when small.
You still just hitting yours with 2-4D? This year I need to attempt to knock them back. They are getting out of control here.

Yes 24D works and is reasonable priced.
Do you have to have a herbicide license in your state. At one time we had to pass a test each year to renew but now just send in the fee and they say they will audit you to see if you have the continuing credits for the license.

I did not realize that. Sometimes I wonder if most things shouldn't be restricted. I would say that very little is used here according to label. Probably very few read the label.
As I have said in the past, my father taught Vocational Agriculture for over 30 years. He often told me it was a miracle that he did not develop cancer or that that my sister and i did not have birth defects because of the lack of restriction on chemicals back then.

I did not realize that. Sometimes I wonder if most things shouldn't be restricted. I would say that very little is used here according to label. Probably very few read the label.
2-4D will create a vapor and move along the ground. It will kill watermelons. cotton and other broad leaf plants.

2-4D will create a vapor and move along the ground. It will kill watermelons. cotton and other broad leaf plants.

I totally agree. We have no crops other than an occasional garden but I seen some oak trees burned bad by 24D Ester a couple years ago.

Vineyards are especially susceptible to 2,4D drift. There's one about 15 miles from here, nobody wants to spray around it.

Latest posts