Twins or Hippo cross?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, she did it, Twins. one bull, one heifer. she is rejecting the bull, but I did get it to eat when she was busy eating her grain.
I will post a picture as soon as I get a good one. they were born about 8:30pm last night, so it was too dark for a good picture.

cowspider":dvznajic said:
Well, she did it, Twins. one bull, one heifer. she is rejecting the bull, but I did get it to eat when she was busy eating her grain.
I will post a picture as soon as I get a good one. they were born about 8:30pm last night, so it was too dark for a good picture.

good... hope you get it all worked out ..

good luck

jt

Its my understanding that rejecting one twin is more normal than taking both. she is normally a good mother, it seems like she did not understand she had two calves. my wife bottle fed the bull calf this morning and he eat good. I will put him back on the cow tonight and maybe I can get her to take him as a graft.

cowspider":3s54d820 said:
Its my understanding that rejecting one twin is more normal than taking both. she is normally a good mother, it seems like she did not understand she had two calves. my wife bottle fed the bull calf this morning and he eat good. I will put him back on the cow tonight and maybe I can get her to take him as a graft.
========
cowspider,

Not abnormal in my experience...put her up ..headcatcher...keep the little guys in the barn...feed her some good dry feed and let them suck...rub some of her milk on the head and body daily ..like a wet rag...of the one she knocks about. She will accept him in a few days. It's not normal she thinks the second one is a stray and she is tuned to protecting the #1 guy.
While one starts sucking...kinda milk her other side a little for a minute ..then put # 2 in to suck...she will just keep eating.

Latest posts