Trying to save our fish

Help Support CattleToday:

I am learning too. Never have I heard a pond called a tank. Glad to know that. We call them ponds here in GA. That is interesting. Good luck saving your fish!

Williamsv":30tv86h4 said:
I am learning too. Never have I heard a pond called a tank. Glad to know that. We call them ponds here in GA. That is interesting. Good luck saving your fish!

If it's a place where water naturally stands. You can call it a pond. If it's manmade it's a tank. Don't call it a pond....you can get kicked out off Texas for that kinda stuff...... ;-)

fenceman":2wt19206 said:
Williamsv":2wt19206 said:

If it's a place where water naturally stands. You can call it a pond. If it's manmade it's a tank. Don't call it a pond....you can get kicked out off Texas for that kinda stuff...... ;-)
The truth is, you all are just weird! :lol: :lol:

branguscowgirl":2vfmdr6u said:
fenceman":2vfmdr6u said:
Williamsv":2vfmdr6u said:

The truth is, you all are just weird! :lol: :lol:

Its not you all. Its y'all :cowboy:
Y'all go check them tanks gotsom water in,em

fenceman":xy9zeesc said:
Thanks, here in Texas we Call them tanks.

They are tanks. Man made. Earthen tanks. There are a few ponds around but those aren't man made.

Ponds....... like when people say "woods" around here :lol:

With any fish you have to have the surface area and correct lbs per day for them to eat. Just like raising cattle or any thing else.

Proud supporter of :tiphat:
20150622_125325-1_resized-1_zpsnm6nrphz.jpg

I think where you live has more to do with what you call it than anything. I've heard a lot of folks in East Texas and Central Texas call them ponds. Another may call the same hole of water a tank. They can be natural or man made. If it goes dry it's just a "hole".

TexasBred":2vads5nm said:
I think where you live has more to do with what you call it than anything. I've heard a lot of folks in East Texas and Central Texas call them ponds. Another may call the same hole of water a tank. They can be natural or man made. If it goes dry it's just a "hole".
And that's when your catfish start gettin ticks..

I do know our TV "Weather Experts" now say that water is "ponding" on the highways...guess t hat's the same as standing water.

Like most things getting to know the language is about 75% of becoming an expert. I never heard these holes that are dug into the ground that hold water for the cattle called anything else but "tanks" until I joined CT. Then there are those holes in West Texas filled with water called "Hueco Tanks" that have been there for millennia. Wonder where they got the name. By the way, Heuco is pronounced "Waco" (long A).

If y'all are going to communicate with "us" you need to learn Texican. Get with the program. :lol: