Trying to Post Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
PICTURES1146.jpg
[/img]

Had to put out a bribe in a bucket to get them to stay still long enough to get some pictures! ;-) Momma was a bit nervous as there were several of us out there at the time.

The Holstein is the adopted calf of the young cow in the background. She lost a preemie due to having her colostrum robbed by the heifer posted on the breeds board. The day after I separated them, she had a dandy looking 40# bull calf that was a month or so early. Vet said his lungs weren't fully developed. He lived two days. I bought this Holstein for $100 to cut my losses. Rubbed the dead calf on him, the heifer thought it was hers, and immediately owned him. She milked so rich it turned his manure white for a day or two. Guess what he was used to at the dairy didn't have the substance to it. In the picture he is 3 months old. I'm thinking about selling him young while the prices are so high. He is growing quite well as a testament to a first calf heifer's milking ability. He just looks out of place with those stocky Herefords.

Good looking critters Thomas. Glad you figgered out the picture posting thing. Does that mean I'm fired???? ;-)

certherfbeef":2n7i3q6g said:
Good looking critters Thomas. Glad you figgered out the picture posting thing. Does that mean I'm fired???? ;-)

Don't like the term "fired" Thanks for all the efforts you made.

Beefy was the one to actually explain it where we got it through our skulls. Actually, he had an alternative method. The one Macon gave wasn't working with our computer.

Green Willow, as you can see, I got the picture post method figured out as well, because of the posts to help you.

Thanks everyone who helped.