True Grit- re: The Blaze Face

Help Support CattleToday:

Here is a Simangus cow bred to calve in September to Hooks Broadway. Her Dam is a Fat Butt (Flying B Cut Above). Her Sire is the Angus Bull Tophand. She has very high EPDs. I consider her a good example of a Blaze Face.
Here name is Love My Heart because the top of the blaze was shaped like a heart when she was a calf.
11vqypc.jpg

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1bz9rjxs said:
Very balanced, uniform blaze. Good example - but, I love the oddball crooked ones.

What do you call this one?

She is a Grandmaster. Purebred.
awt760.jpg

Bright Raven":7qul6mm6 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":7qul6mm6 said:
Very balanced, uniform blaze. Good example - but, I love the oddball crooked ones.

awt760.jpg

I would call this one, and especially the one Franke posted, a BWF. Around here that's the norm for commercial cross cattle, and they sell really well.

I have no really good pictures of him, but this one is a real blaze face, built nice but I don't like his mom much.. he's half a bull, there was no chance nohow to get that second nut in the band, I even waited til he was 6 weeks old
image.png

Nesikep":a2xe568u said:
I have no really good pictures of him, but this one is a real blaze face, built nice but I don't like his mom much.. he's half a bull, there was no chance nohow to get that second nut in the band, I even waited til he was 6 weeks old
image.png

have a knife handy?

His color may get him docked at the market, but I do love that color.

Bright Raven":1s3rbqnn said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1s3rbqnn said:

awt760.jpg
To me she isn't a baldie. A baldish has a white face. But it seems many breeders including some Hereford breeders don't know what a white face is.

Latest posts