Big dream coming true

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
Sooo, I personally had this dream for more than 10 years and to be able to fullfill it is way more than exciting. It was one of the first beef breeds I got to know since I got more into whole beef farming x breeding stuff. They really caught my eye then. Since then started watching some farms with this breed on the internet. The first more close interaction was three years ago when the first 50% calf was born on our farm.
This year decided that it's time to finally try to get our first pure animals from France. Have a group of ten heifers sellected and only a week away from the payment. They should arrive in November-December.
So here they are, my first pure Parthenaise heifers 😄 Photos sent by the person who organized everything from the seller's side. Some of the heifers:
20230704_141700.jpg
20230704_141118.jpg
20230704_141514.jpg
20230704_140754.jpg
20230704_140728.jpg

Got a video of all of them, their pedigrees, breeding plan for their first service, so should be a pretty good start. Got photos in June. Heifers born from June to September last year. Next year in June plan their first AI. Will post update when they will be here. Will be a huge Christmas present for myself 😅

Congratulations: Nice heifers Good to have a dream and a plan.
Are prices as high over there as they are here?
Roughly 2500 dollars a head, which is expensive for my countries prices, but actually a very good deal for french market. Have expected such price for weanlings not yearlings.

Latest posts