Truck Tool Box

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
720467109589.jpg
720467109664.jpg

Which do you prefer Gull Wing Two Door or One Large Door

I think the single door model is easier to get things into and out of, especially the stuff that gravitates to the middle of the box. That being said, every single door model I have had eventually got hard to open from one side. Eventually you would have to pull both latches at the same time to open the lid. All my experience with truck boxes were long ago in another life and maybe latch systems are better now.

single lid. I sold my old one but it was a heavy duty sws single lid and with those you can mount a gun rack to the lid to carry extra long guns

Gunner":2cut9lfu said:
I think the single door model is easier to get things into and out of, especially the stuff that gravitates to the middle of the box. That being said, every single door model I have had eventually got hard to open from one side. Eventually you would have to pull both latches at the same time to open the lid. All my experience with truck boxes were long ago in another life and maybe latch systems are better now.

Yep, and I'm too old to crawl into the bed of the truck to pull both handles. I like the double door style.

I have one just like the second one even the same name. I prefer the one large door as it is easier to dig tools out of.

That's for sure HDRider. I bought a top of the line Tractor Supply box with the latches on the sides. Because I carry a fuel tank in the back a lot, and with the latches in the back you can't open the lid from both sides. Any way the top is bent out of shape already and won't shut right. It's not even a year old yet. My Weather Guard lasted through two trucks and was still operatable, just bent up good. I will not buy another cheap ($400.00) tool box. For twice that you can buy the best and it will last along time with just a litte care.

I have a two door...but not a gull wing. It is similar to this but this is not it. it is 16 years old, steel with spring load hold opens.
The lid never has hit me in the head. ;-)

dee-zee-aluminum-gull-wing-dual-lid-crossover-toolboxes-4.gif

highgrit":2qnw73vd said:
That's for sure HDRider. I bought a top of the line Tractor Supply box with the latches on the sides. Because I carry a fuel tank in the back a lot, and with the latches in the back you can't open the lid from both sides. Any way the top is bent out of shape already and won't shut right. It's not even a year old yet. My Weather Guard lasted through two trucks and was still operatable, just bent up good. I will not buy another cheap ($400.00) tool box. For twice that you can buy the best and it will last along time with just a litte care.
I did notice Tractor Supply was about the cheapest place to buy a Weather Guard, around $800 where some other places wanted $1,400 or more.

highgrit":lsua84h6 said:
It occurred to me to look at Amazon. Free shipping and List Price of $808.74 Selling Price: $658.95 & FREE Shipping
You Save: $149.79 (19%)

http://www.amazon.com/Weather-Guard-127 ... atherguard

RKI-Rawson Koenig Inc makes a good box. I have had the same on for five different trucks and has had four paint jobs to match. Now it is on the fifth truck and I had the box coated with bed liner material from Line X. I wish I would have done this years ago. It is a two door non-gull wing style. To me the single doors are to hard to open and hard to handle when it is windy.

I installed tie downs on mine but they are located closer to the top of the box. I wonder why the ones on the weatherguard box are at the bottom? I use my tie downs to strap something like a feed barrel to the box. Also when I haul my Honda Rancher I just roll it up tight to the box and use two straps from the tie downs to the back rack.

Latest posts