Very handy tool!

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
My Skidsteer wouldn't start and I had figured I had it traced to a relay so I swapped out two of the and nothing happened. The local Case mobile mechanic was in the area and said he'd come by on his way home and call the first 30 minutes lunch. I showed him where I traced the problem to and he checked both relays and they were bad. I gave him a Porterhouse and 2 lbs of burger, never got an invoice. 20240203_094003.jpg

I could see the use, but I could also see where it could lead you astray. I don't see that tool being able to put enough load on the relay to really give you an accurate test, it'll tell you if the coil is good but that's about all.

The tool you really want is a relay breakout box, that allows you to check if the control side power/grounds are there, and also do a voltage drop test across the contacts to see if the relay is actually capable of carrying current.

Not sure what machine you have, those older Bobcats were notorious about poor contacts in the relay box, the relays are usually fine but the connectors behind them will loosen or corrode.

Never seen such a thing, pretty cool. Like you, I've always just swapped them out until something starts/stops working.

Latest posts