Cordless Power Tool purchase question.

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for the feed back. Sounds like it's Dewalt or Milwaukie for me. Might come down to warranty period. Hikoki have the longest warranty but more expensive to start.

My 3/4" Milwaukee impact is my second favourite tool on the place after my Knipex wire cutters.
I sure do miss my Knipex cutters. I am terrible about losing wire cutters and I just can't bring myself to buy another pair knowing I will lose them pretty quickly. I have the 3/4" Dewalt Impact and have been amazed at the power and torque in that thing.

For cordless, I've got Milwaukee driver, impact, and 15 ga nail gun. I first got the 16 ga gun, but the Milwaukee ones of those are duds. The 15 ga guns work well though.

I have a combo of Milwaukee and Ryobi. Although not used professionally those Ryobi's have been good. Get the good OEM batteries and they will last as that is one of the most important things of any of the tools. I got cheap and bought a couple aftermarket batteries and they would not charge after just a few times.

I bought one of their buffers recently and it sure takes the handwork out of buffing.

Their total tool lineup is impressive.

Last edited:
There is a new "Machines that Built America" on the History Channel. It is all about the Origins of Black and Decker, Milwaukiee and Dewalt. Very interesting about how they all invented the Power Tools, competed, and came to prominence.

I wish they made a rechargeable branding iron that would last 100hd per battery. Wouldn't need to haul a generator everywhere except maybe for a back up. Have the head (brand) so it pops off so anyone can order their own brand and snap it right in and go.

Hello Gang. I am looking at buying a 3 piece cordless tool kit. I was all set to buy Milwaukie until today. My local store told me that the after sales on any warranty or breakdowns was very poor and as a salesperson he found it an unpleasant experience. So now I am wondering if I should look at 1: Dewalt, 2: Makita and 3: Hikoki. Keep in mind I am am an Australian. My budget is $1k ball park for a grinder impact driver with battery and charger. Anyone got a tip. I am a swinging voter on this but De Walt seem ok.
Watch "Project Farm" on Youtube. He does some great testing of cordless tools.

I wish they made a rechargeable branding iron that would last 100hd per battery. Wouldn't need to haul a generator everywhere except maybe for a back up. Have the head (brand) so it pops off so anyone can order their own brand and snap it right in and go.
Can you get extra batteries? Charge several batteries and take them with instead of the generator.

We have a lot of rechargeable tools (from when we were renovating our rentals). We also bought additional tools (same brand - same tool, usually drills and drivers since the 3 of us always needed the same tool at the same time) We bought when they went on sale with extra batteries. Then we invested in more additional batteries. Now when we are on a job we always keep batteries on the chargers (several since we have extra chargers too). That way we are never caught without a charged battery. Good investment and tax deductable if used in your work or business.

Latest posts