Truck Spray RIG

Help Support CattleToday:

One other thing. If you do go with an elec powered pump, most are diaphragm pumps instead of roller pumps, and many of the rubber like diaphragms will not stand up to some of the herbicides in use today. Make sure you read all the documentation before buying--one of my diaphragm pumps specifically says not to use any petroleum based product and that doing so will void warranty.

greybeard":vnasrfx7 said:
One other thing. If you do go with an elec powered pump, most are diaphragm pumps instead of roller pumps, and many of the rubber like diaphragms will not stand up to some of the herbicides in use today. Make sure you read all the documentation before buying--one of my diaphragm pumps specifically says not to use any petroleum based product and that doing so will void warranty.

In 25 years I don't recall any of the "RV pump mfg" that warrantied a pump that had chemical in it.
A few have viton seal but most have buna and will not hold up to petroleum
The main thing is to flush GOOD with water after use.
All of the rv pumps I have dealt with are fickle put easy to change parts, but 20.00 every time you do
Nobody wants to warranty anything anymore, used to it wasn't a problem but now it's near impossible with any mfg not just pumps.
Rollers are better but cost more upfront W/motor
Centrifugal is lower maintenance but doesn't build pressure well and requires more hp and rpm's but if I were going to use a gasoline motor that is what I'd use.

lol I bought it at an auction for 10 bucks. I planned on mounting it on a 4x4 frame and running a ratchet strap on both sides holding it down.

I got a wireless remote to turn my electric pump on and off. I haven't installed it yet, but I think I will like it.

Skyhightree1 I have a little general purpose trailer sprayer, 200 tank, 3300 pay load, 15" tires, tail lights, 2" ball hitch, that you can have it set up like you want, mine has a honda engine, with a 12 folding boom with 18' boomless nozzles on each side end, has electric solenoid control so you can turn off one or both sides from the cab, also have a hose reel with 150' of hose with a very good hand gun, it is a very handy sprayer. I think it was around $3,500 new from Warne Chemical. I thought it was kind of high priced when I bought it but after useing it for 4 years with out working on it other than servicing I have changed my mind. Not trying to sell it to ya just letting you know about it. Good luck 101 Think they have information at http://www.warnechemical.com

Hi, I have tried several things similar . I never got enough pressure out of the 12 v pump that came with the pull type Fimco 60 g rig and a 28 ft reach boomless boom . I had to just truly creep along in order to get out the required amount of mix per acre.. I researched and found a small gas engine and , if I remember right, it had a Hypro 4101 roller pump. It had a bypass on it so that the mix not used could go back into the tank and circulate. I rigged up a fluid cut off at the seat of my RTV and it was especially handy when going through gates or near desirable trees.The gas engine was noisy though.. I sold it a couple of years ago and use the tractor now with an 8 roller pump.. I can go 4 -5 mph now and put out 17 gallons or so mix per acre with a 28' boomless nozzle (40 psi) on my 300 gallon pull behind tank.. ( I found the gas motor adaptation at Surplus center a number of years ago for the little Fimco.)

Maybe putting the horse before the cart, so to speak. You probably need to figure out your delivery rate based on your nozzles and product application rate. The stuff you plan on spraying will give you the application rate. Then you need to get the nozzel information based on application rate and pressure. Then (whew) you can size your pump. Make sense? Hope someone didn't beat me to this since I didn't read all of the posts.

mine has a honda engine, with a 12 from the cab, also have a hose reel with 150' of hose with a very good hand gun, it is a very handy sprayer. I think it was around $3,500 new from Warne Chemical. I thought it was kind of high priced when I bought it but after useing it for 4 years with out working on it other than servicing I have changed my mind. Not trying to sell it to ya just letting you know about it. Good luck 101 Think they have information at http://www.warnechemical.com[/quote]
Is that an Orchard gun?

Kingfisher; I don't know what your speaking of an Orchard gun?? The spray hand gun I was speaking of is just a heavy duty trigger operared pistol grip with a dripless variable nozzle. Mine has a 12' foldable boom with 18' foot Boominator nozzles on the end of each foldable side so i can spray close to 48' and be only 12' wide. Hope this helps.101

lavacarancher":3vs5c3vi said:
Maybe putting the horse before the cart, so to speak. You probably need to figure out your delivery rate based on your nozzles and product application rate. The stuff you plan on spraying will give you the application rate. Then you need to get the nozzel information based on application rate and pressure. Then (whew) you can size your pump. Make sense? Hope someone didn't beat me to this since I didn't read all of the posts.

10-4

Latest posts