Truck Brand

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions":cp8kkavq said:
Anybody tally the votes yet? I'm no expert, but it appears to be a lopsided victory for the 6 cylinder crowd.

It all boils down to whether you wanna work, or just look pretty. :lol:

Nesikep":iv134im2 said:
Lets see.. I can do a set of ball joints and tie rod ends in my truck for ~$250.. compare that to ONE injector on a new truck of any brand

Speaking of resale value.. Lets see any Fords or Chevs compete here.. When I was in Texas in 2008 I looked at a fully loaded crew cab SRW F350, 4x4, in MINT condition.. 2002.. it was $10K
https://www.carsforsale.com/dodge-ram-2 ... le-C137004
I don't fully understand what you mean, but these are selling pretty high...........

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=fo ... sacat=6000

jltrent":8b1iulet said:
Nesikep":8b1iulet said:
Lets see.. I can do a set of ball joints and tie rod ends in my truck for ~$250.. compare that to ONE injector on a new truck of any brand

Speaking of resale value.. Lets see any Fords or Chevs compete here.. When I was in Texas in 2008 I looked at a fully loaded crew cab SRW F350, 4x4, in MINT condition.. 2002.. it was $10K
I don't fully understand what you mean, but these are selling pretty high...........

I wanna know who would pay 29K for a 2002 Ford Excursion with a 7.3 in it?

I remember when the Eagle Ford kicked off big there were service companies buying Dodge trucks buy the acres. There were literally lots with 5 ac of white Dodge diesels. A year later there were allocated grave yards in the lots for all the broke down trucks. Every Dodge dealership any where near here had a grave yard of Dodge diesels. They came the 18 wheelers and they hauled them suckers out by the load. Most people have gone to Ford and Chevy 3/4 gas motors. The few that had to have diesels went Ford or Chevy. Even the hot shot drivers bailed on dodge. Most of those guys had Cummins tatoos on their butt cheeks. Not any more. Ford has really taken a huge market share from Dodge. I haven't seen a Dodge on location in who knows how long.

The other thing that was funny is when we started out some of these old ranchers were driving their broke down 5.9s with the flat bed. As soon as those O&G checks came in its all Ford and Chevy. They bounced on Dodge when they had the money and never looked back. :lol: Guess they thought making all that torque at 1200 rpm wasn't as important any more.

Only guys I see driving dodges and more are teenagers wanting to race and role coal. Occasionally you will see a donkey farmer with a 40' aluminum trailer hauling to donkeys to shows or a team roper with one.

jltrent":2rbgonx2 said:
Nesikep":2rbgonx2 said:

There's only one work truck in the bunch, the rest are status symbols and toys
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Ford-F-450 ... 9v&vxp=mtr

sim.-ang.king":2deiosxw said:
An in line 6 cylinder made by International is my favorite. If I could fit a 466 in my pick up, I would!

An old mechanical 466....yes. Don't get me started on the 466E. :mad: :mad:

Brute 23":1myvr8dt said:
I remember when the Eagle Ford kicked off big there were service companies buying Dodge trucks buy the acres. There were literally lots with 5 ac of white Dodge diesels. A year later there were allocated grave yards in the lots for all the broke down trucks. Every Dodge dealership any where near here had a grave yard of Dodge diesels. They came the 18 wheelers and they hauled them suckers out by the load. Most people have gone to Ford and Chevy 3/4 gas motors. The few that had to have diesels went Ford or Chevy. Even the hot shot drivers bailed on dodge. Most of those guys had Cummins tatoos on their butt cheeks. Not any more. Ford has really taken a huge market share from Dodge. I haven't seen a Dodge on location in who knows how long.

The other thing that was funny is when we started out some of these old ranchers were driving their broke down 5.9s with the flat bed. As soon as those O&G checks came in its all Ford and Chevy. They bounced on Dodge when they had the money and never looked back. :lol: Guess they thought making all that torque at 1200 rpm wasn't as important any more.

Only guys I see driving dodges and more are teenagers wanting to race and role coal. Occasionally you will see a donkey farmer with a 40' aluminum trailer hauling to donkeys to shows or a team roper with one.

So let's see a pic of you and the perfect work truck in action...counterfeit son of a ......

callmefence":2kmqryhk said:
Brute 23":2kmqryhk said:

So let's see a pic of you and the perfect work truck in action...counterfeit son of a ......

Laffin

Ol' 243":25nsn6gy said:
callmefence":25nsn6gy said:
Brute 23":25nsn6gy said:

Laffin

That's the difference between other diesel owners and dodge guys. Dodge guys walk around with their pants unzipped taking pics going look at my Cummins pull 20K like it's some kind of unreachable task for the rest of us. The rest of us are laughing because we do the same stuff... with out death wobble... with out holes in our dash... with out our wore out interior sounding like POed rattle snake...

I watch all the big 3 drag a lot of iron around with no problems. The Dodge guys always want some kind of pat on the back for their trucks doing... what every one elses truck can do too. :lol2:

Brute 23":30ymjxaa said:
Ol' 243":30ymjxaa said:
callmefence":30ymjxaa said:

Laffin

That's the difference between other diesel owners and dodge guys. Dodge guys walk around with their pants unzipped taking pics going look at my Cummins pull 20K like it's some kind of unreachable task for the rest of us. The rest of us are laughing because we do the same stuff... with out death wobble... with out holes in our dash... with out our wore out interior sounding like POed rattle snake...

I watch all the big 3 drag a lot of iron around with no problems. The Dodge guys always want some kind of pat on the back for their trucks doing... what every one elses truck can do too. :lol2:

I don't think I've insulted anyone based on the truck they drive.....just you for doing so.
Otherwise just my opinion based on years of running multiple trucks of different brands. That I bought with my money. ..I'm completely confident in my opinion of you as I am of my opinion on trucks. Certainly no showing off here. Just showing what's real from real world experience. Not just watching.
Now let's see you and that rig.

callmefence":1dmzoequ said:
Brute 23":1dmzoequ said:
Ol' 243":1dmzoequ said:

I don't think I've insulted anyone based on the truck they drive.....just you for doing so.
Otherwise just my opinion based on years of running multiple trucks of different brands. That I bought with my money. ..I'm completely confident in my opinion of you as I am of my opinion on trucks. Certainly no showing off here. Just showing what's real from real world experience. Not just watching.
Now let's see you and that rig.

X2

Any truck driven on our roads will have rattles in it.. 20 miles of washboard gravel road will do that to any truck... I did have to change out the drivers seat in my truck, previous fat arse owner totally collapsed it.. 25 years old and the dash is just fine (well, dusty)
Here's what our roads are like.. got about 150x 80lb bales of hay along
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ct4gdMHu4

Then there are the fun days too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV2okbWAclU

heck, one more.. not a heavy load, but friggin awkward, and it was way out in the sticks

Can't be a good therapist if he hasn't seen the light and converted to Dodge!

We're going to get this thread locked for talking about religion here soon!

Nesikep":3m0tb6of said:
heck, one more.. not a heavy load, but friggin awkward, and it was way out in the sticks

Can't be a good therapist if he hasn't seen the light and converted to Dodge!

We're going to get this thread locked for talking about religion here soon!

Zip your britches up nesi.. ;-)

Latest posts