Truck brakes

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
The brakes on my 2500 ram is wore out. Tore it apart tonight and the rear break pads fell apart the roters are far from smooth. What's the best brand pads and roters to put on it. Thinking of going with some carbon metallic brake pads from O Reilly's. They say they are the best they have around 80$ for a set. Also think the caliper is bad on the rear driver side because the breaks also stick on that side.

I like Bendix brake pads and rotors. They are expensive, but worth the extra cost. Get the best quality and they brake and run quiet.

jltrent":2kkgqgjz said:
I like Bendix brake pads and rotors. They are expensive, but worth the extra cost. Get the best quality and they brake and run quiet.
Who sells those ?

pricefarm":1uxoixyl said:
kenny thomas":1uxoixyl said:
Bendix is a major brand name in brakes sold most everywhere.

Never heard of them but I'll sure check them out tomorrow. Thanks

When you hear the price remember they are probably the best and will last as long or longer than OEM, well worth it. It is all I will use. When I need some I watch Ebay and can usually get them a lot less than local.

pricefarm":25itmadf said:
kenny thomas":25itmadf said:
Bendix is a major brand name in brakes sold most everywhere.

Never heard of them but I'll sure check them out tomorrow. Thanks
Google them. In the past they made brakes for many of the other major companies also. Sponsored a lot of NASCAR .

The driver side rear caliper is bad about sticking on dodges. If you have a few days I'd check Rock Auto.com for parts. Just had the brakes redone on my Ram 3500 and it was $800 for four new rotors, pads, and the emergency brake pads. Parts was $500 rest was labor. The back driver side caliper was hanging on mine also but they said hay twine got wrapped around it and ruined the little rubber boot causing it to stick.

Lucky":1hotwe36 said:
The driver side rear caliper is bad about sticking on dodges. If you have a few days I'd check Rock Auto.com for parts. Just had the brakes redone on my Ram 3500 and it was $800 for four new rotors, pads, and the emergency brake pads. Parts was $500 rest was labor. The back driver side caliper was hanging on mine also but they said hay twine got wrapped around it and ruined the little rubber boot causing it to stick.

That's amusing, I just replaced the rear driver's caliper on my 2007 3500. It had been sticking for a few months and I was hopeful the truck would catch on fire, but I never got that lucky. Swapped it out the night before I left for Texas, had got so hot that it melted the seal and brake fluid was pouring out.

An engineer friend of mine used to work for Bendix, he was pretty adamant about not wasting your money on the ceramic pads.

Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors with z36 pads. Put on 30k ago running freeway 80 mph and towing. Stopped 28k combined in a panic stop like I had a parachute behind me.

Latest posts