Tractor Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Had them on a couple tractors we bought. Seemed to hold well no complaints. Usually put firestone on most everything when time to replace. But I have had awful luck the last 2 years with firestone tubes, on tractors. I think 4 fails with these tubes on different tractors.

In the market for some front ones on a 4wd tractor. Not heard much on Carlisle but have looked at them. Friend bought some BKT's for the front of his thought they looked ok, called a local tire place and the guy said they were junk but know a guy that loves their radials. One of the best prices I found was on Alliance. Still haven't done anything yet.

JW IN VA said:
Don't know anything about them.Around here,I see BKT being an economy alternative. My current favorite is Firestone.

I'm with you. One of my tractors has BKT radials on the front and Firestone on the rear, no comparison. Even with pressure well above max, the BKT's squat something horrible when using the loader.

I put Firestone bias tires on the rear of one of the other tractors a few years back, probably my favorite of all of them. I noticed the other day that my 1990 Ford 7610 still has the original rear tires on it.

cfpinz said:
JW IN VA said:
Don't know anything about them.Around here,I see BKT being an economy alternative. My current favorite is Firestone.

I'm with you. One of my tractors has BKT radials on the front and Firestone on the rear, no comparison. Even with pressure well above max, the BKT's squat something horrible when using the loader.

I put Firestone bias tires on the rear of one of the other tractors a few years back, probably my favorite of all of them. I noticed the other day that my 1990 Ford 7610 still has the original rear tires on it.

Have you installed your Firestones on the front end and are they radials too? Just curious if it's apples and apples.

Texasmark said:
Have you installed your Firestones on the front end and are they radials too? Just curious if it's apples and apples.

Tractor came to me with radials on it, Firestone rear and BKT fronts. I've never had Firestone radials on the front of a tractor. The BKT's on the front of mine are worn pretty bad from driving through bean stubble, the original owner stated.