Tractor Supply T Posts?

Help Support CattleToday:

OklaBrangusBreeder":283dq8or said:
Angus/Brangus":283dq8or said:
Our method of installation was pushing them into the ground with a front-end loader

Just curious exactly how you did that. Care to share?

Check the Kerr Center Field notes atth website shown. Look at page article starting on page twenty 20. This man has an attachement for his front end loader that pushes the post into the ground. Pretty neat.
http://www.kerrcenter.com/nwsltr/2007/s ... -final.pdf

I used them a few years ago on a section of fence and they have surprised me in their durability but I use the heavy posts nowadays. I can get the 1.33 posts for the same or cheaper as TSC and they don't bend as easy. We drive them with a front end loader by sliding a pipe over them cut to the length we want them to stick out of the ground.

I put in about half a mile of them two years ago and they're holding up fine. Put them in by hand with a spring loaded post driver. It's worth the $10 extra over the non-spring variety if you go that route.

I bought 200 of those mexican made t posts and will not buy anymore. Some are not straight, some have jagged tops, and some are too brittle - when you try to drive them in, the top breaks.. :mad:

farmerjohn":159av0ao said:
I bought 200 of those mexican made t posts and will not buy anymore. Some are not straight, some have jagged tops, and some are too brittle - when you try to drive them in, the top breaks.. :mad:

I understand correctly, The white or silver top post are American made and the tan top post are the Mexican made ones.

Mine were silver top and definitly mexican. Most tops are jagged and I caught some metal in the eye. Also several were pre bent. No more if I can help it.

Latest posts