Tractor supply squeeze chute

Help Support CattleToday:

Dogs and Cows":3k5wf6er said:
Ol' 243":3k5wf6er said:
Dang near everything I buy at TSC I bring home and start welding on it to beef it up enough to hold up to heavy use.

Then why do you continue to buy from them?? Just curious??

Thanks,

Tim

It's the only horse in town here.

Here too, except for a place called McCoy's Builders, which is a lumberyard as well as a Preifert distributor.
To get good prices on good feed, mineral, herbicide, seed and fertilize, I have to drive 90 miles to Producer's Co-op in Bryan.

I am so confused :roll: LOL, Did you buy a tarter or a tsc chute. I too have been looking at chutes, and have youtubed most chutes. all great info. But tarter has 3 or 4 different size chutes. Like series 3, series 6 etc...

Has anybody used the bigger series chute? I thought about just trying to buy the chut and put a prifert head catch on it.
But it might be less of a hassle just to buy a priefert. Which brings me to my next question, will a priefert chute s01 handle a 1650lb cow? My cows differ in size, although a very small operation, I would like to be able to handle a bigger cow if necassary.

BryanM":26p21i2t said:
will a priefert chute s01 handle a 1650lb cow? My cows differ in size, although a very small operation, I would like to be able to handle a bigger cow if necassary.
No, we upsized to a S04, even though there isn;t much difference in size, there is enough to let those bigger cows and bulls fit

The Priefert S01 will only handle a 1400-1500 lb cow. Frame size makes a big difference. I've had several customers with bigger cows go with the Rancher even though I advised them otherwse, and ended up disgusted. My thoughts are to go with the best piece of equipment that is in your budget and is designed for what you are doing, and you will never be disappointed.

dun":khk5kg9e said:
BryanM":khk5kg9e said:
will a priefert chute s01 handle a 1650lb cow? My cows differ in size, although a very small operation, I would like to be able to handle a bigger cow if necassary.
No, we upsized to a S04, even though there isn;t much difference in size, there is enough to let those bigger cows and bulls fit
I really like our SO4, we have had 2200 plus bulls in it.

tom4018":1z9rbrmq said:
dun":1z9rbrmq said:
BryanM":1z9rbrmq said:
I really like our SO4, we have had 2200 plus bulls in it.
I also prefer the rear gate on the S04 compared to the slider on the S01

dun":qnt9ecy5 said:
I also prefer the rear gate on the S04 compared to the slider on the S01

An extra feature to that rear gate is you can pull a pin and only half the gate opens when you are working calves.

Latest posts