Toy Diesel Dually Concept

Help Support CattleToday:

I exchanged a couple of e-mails with Ford's customer service department after my 2001 F150's transmission locked up at 81,000 miles and required a brand new $2,700 transmission. They weren't concerned in the least. My final reply to them was that if Toyota ever decided to build a diesel they would all need to be looking for jobs. This should be interesting.

Detroit really needs to rethink their customer service strategy. I've had horrible service from all the Big 3. If not at the dealer level, then at the corporate level. I'm sure that Toy isn't perfect either, but they do have a great track record for customer service first.

Toyota pulled a fair bit of market share away from Ford this year. Chevy and Dodge gained share again, but not like Toy. If I were one of the higher ups at Ford, I'd be concerned.

Rod

Toyota is building a plant near Tupelo now for the Highlander. It should be open for business about Jan 2010 if not sooner. Never seen sites working 24/7 but they are serious about finishing on time. They pay a premium if it comes in under time and the charge a penalty if it comes in over time. Maybe they will build this truck in Mississippi.

kerley":18nwjbss said:
Are they going to manufacture them in America with American Union labor.

The big dollars stay overseas no matter where they are assembled. High salaried engineering and design type positions will remain in Japan, hurting the economy here.

It does not matter where they are built, we will see them all over our highways. At least if they are built here many Americans will be employed. Employment always helps our economy. And better to be employed than not. It is a shame that Detroit can't engineer and manufacture a product that is near bullet proof. {meaning dependable]

Latest posts