Took a pic of the old girl

Help Support CattleToday:

kentuckyguy

Reaction score
I really love this cow. She is my father in-laws. She just weaned her 12th calf this fall and is getting around great.

She loves to come around for a back scratching and really helps lead the other cattle into the working pen.

Several of her daughters have been retained and all have made great cows. Just thought I'd share a pic of the old girl since I was able to get her to stand right for a pic today.

02fQU3c.jpg

Bright Raven":1e0w10ab said:
Will.

Does she have any Simmental in her?

No but she sure looks it.

She is out of a Tarentaise Hereford cow and a angus bull.

greybeard":2iyrrxlw said:
She has learned how to get her full share of the groceries for sure.

She's definitely always the first one at the feed trough and pretty much stays at the hay ring lol

She stays the same size whether she's nursing a calf,eating green grass, or just getting hay.

Have had a couple like that over the years....always looked pregnant even with a month old calf by their side. Stayed in super good flesh on hay or grass and the daughters have done the same. Stick around for a long time like yours. They make money. Like her alot.

Graced with a bunch of those kind of cows over the years. They pay the bills and then some. No doubt you'll not have a dry eye when she eventually gets shipped.

Nesikep she looks good. Still has a very nice looking udder. The old girl I posted pics of is really starting to lose the suspension I'm her udder.

She calved again yesterday. #13.

Latest posts