Today's sale

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":3fvf69dp said:
slick the prices are a tad soft at emory.at our local barn cull cows are .80 to $1.15 bulls are .90 to $1.25 an thats at or barn less than 20mi from emory.an if you didnt know the uys that own both barns are brother in laws.the family has 4 barns between them.

I knew there were four barns owned by them, just didn't know the family history. Do you know if that auctioneer goes to all their barns? Are you talking about the barn at Winnsboro or Sulphur Springs?

im talking about the barn sulphur springs.winnsboro is owned by ss old auctioneer.no emory has their own auctioneers.an they go to their other barns.

One of the locals steered me away from SS saying the money wasn't there. The reason I asked about the auctioneer is I couldn't understand any prices. Had no idea what mine or my buddy's sold for until we got our checks. I'm not impressed with their operation either.

Nice set of char x Hereford steers weighing 495lbs just brought 2.19 and some of the same steers weighing 560lbs brought 2.16.

What are the baby calves doing out there, Denver? I have an Amish dairy that has angus-Holstein cross calves for $75 a head.....started right. Really nice black calves if I lose a beef calf!
The worthless little jerseys are up to $30 or $40 at auctions here now. Just a year or so ago, they were getting a breaker-bar to the head at birth!

jasonleonard":fvnc4k9w said:
Our local pool is loading a pot in the morning. 8 wt steers picked up here... $154.
Makes the load bring us $77000. I had bought some of these as 6 wt cutting bulls (last fall) for $110.

I bought a load lot of 775 lb mixed heifers 60% black last night for 161.25 to be weighed April 7th. Bought a few 550lb steers over 2.00 but the best of them were 2.15. 5wt heifers were 1.89. These were all preconditioned with the Range Ready program. Thats good for here in the east.
Denver, from here to eastern Nebraska it adds .07. Probably .05 to you.

kenny thomas":19m8818s said:
denvermartinfarms":19m8818s said:
Sitting in a different barn now buying cows. Just got 2 nice yellow 6 year old pairs for 1360$.
Make a load of them at that price and send to me. :lol2:
Getting ready to load them now, we will see what's wrong with them that I missed :lol2:.

jasonleonard":mcjbak5z said:
What are the baby calves doing out there, Denver? I have an Amish dairy that has angus-Holstein cross calves for $75 a head.....started right. Really nice black calves if I lose a beef calf!
The worthless little jerseys are up to $30 or $40 at auctions here now. Just a year or so ago, they were getting a breaker-bar to the head at birth!
It's up and down every week, but the half dairy calves have been up to 300$ but this week they were 150$ to 200$ and a few weeks ago baby jerseys were as high as 200$ but now there around 125$. Beef baby's off of old cows are still 350$ and up.

Sold 4 loads fancy black steers, 750lbs., $178. 4/15 delivery, California.
Sold 1 loads steer calves, 400lbs., shipped today, $265, California.
Sold 1 load heifer calves, 375lbs., shipped today, $250, California.
Sold 1 split load steers 400lbs., heifers 375lbs., shipped today, same money as above, California.
*These 3 loads are the calves off the first calf heifers, weaned early and very light because of the severe drought in California.
Bought 3 loads, 570lbs. long weaned heifers, 5/10 delivery, $202, Montana.

jasonleonard":30evi7pl said:

:shock: Why so cheap?

herofan":fbtr5sa1 said:
jasonleonard":fbtr5sa1 said:

:shock: Why so cheap?

I'm not up on things, but I didn't realize there were any calves that were practically worthless. Even an Angus-Holstein cross is cheap? Do you mean to say that beef cows are worth gold, but dairy are worthless?

Highest calves I've ever seen today. Sale started a half hour ago and anything under 300lbs that's good Is 3.00 bulls or heifers. 6wt steers as high as 2.21 and 5wts up up to 2.30.

That sounds really good but I need to buy not sell. I may just have extra grass this summer. At the current cull cow prices I cant even buy thin cows that I think might make a little money.

kenny thomas":klc9ic86 said:
That sounds really good but I need to buy not sell. I may just have extra grass this summer. At the current cull cow prices I cant even buy thin cows that I think might make a little money.
Wait till July I guess, there gonna go down before they get much higher.

denvermartinfarms":2gih1k3z said:
kenny thomas":2gih1k3z said:
Im never in a hurry and I go to at least one sale every week so I will not be without for very long.

kenny thomas":im50q1dp said:
denvermartinfarms":im50q1dp said:
kenny thomas":im50q1dp said:
Im never in a hurry and I go to at least one sale every week so I will not be without for very long.
You do better than me, I go to atleast 3 sales a week and still pull a empty trailer alot.

Latest posts