Time for a side by side/UTV

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I don't like them, so it won't be for me. Thinking of getting my dad one for fathers day. The simpler the better. He probably won't pull anything, or carry more than a 50 pound bag of mineral, or two buckets of feed. What ya got?

Definitely not the $14,000 dollar one I just saw on line. I'll check out the Kubota.

I have a Kubota RTV900, love it but may be more than your wanting to spend. I know you can get a nice used mule for about half the price.

Used Mule or Ranger would probably be the most economical. How far is he going? Used golf carts are fairly cheap, and quiet.

Edit: being in Kentucky, I suspect 4x4 is something you'll want.

Little 2 seater Polaris ranger is hard to beat for what your talking about

Met 85 yr old neighbor on the road yesterday with his new crew cab Kawasaki. He had a smaller one before, this one has enough seat for grandkids to go with. He checks water, puts out salt, checks fences. Has a windshield and back window and doors but no side glass. He just uses it in nice weather.

Another neighbor bought a hardtop Ranger this spring. Fully enclosed with a nice heater in it. Put on 500 miles in less than a month after he bought it. UTVs are nice and better for older folks that have difficulty getting on and off a 4 wheeler :idea:

Have an uncle that's 68 that bought one and had them put in front and back windshield and the roof cover.
He is now able to go places he couldn't before. He really enjoys it and goes all day on it

John SD":38p97roh said:
Met 85 yr old neighbor on the road yesterday with his new crew cab Kawasaki. He had a smaller one before, this one has enough seat for grandkids to go with. He checks water, puts out salt, checks fences. Has a windshield and back window and doors but no side glass. He just uses it in nice weather.

Another neighbor bought a hardtop Ranger this spring. Fully enclosed with a nice heater in it. Put on 500 miles in less than a month after he bought it. UTVs are nice and better for older folks that have difficulty getting on and off a 4 wheeler :idea:

Hey NOW!!! I aint old but have put 220hrs on mine in a yr. that's about 5000 miles at 25mph

The jeep is now used for just riding the hard roads and hunting

Mule 610. 4X4 and the bed is low enough that it's easy to lift stuff into it. ALl the others are enough higher that it's a pain for me to do it. $7500 new, in MO there is no sales tax on UTVs as it's considered a farm vehicle. You might check your local dealer

Been wanting a mule for 20 plus years. Local dealer advertised a year old used 610 $6000 a month or two ago. Course it was gone by the time I got their. They did have a nice 3010 4x4 they were going through so I snatched it up. You do have to pay sales tax here unless you claim farm use on it and I did. Only hitch so far was the voltage regulator was bad so it wasn't charging properly. Dealer split the cost of that with me so I'm still happy.

Can't see were I would ever be happy on a oneseater. Course I have no desire to go where a oneseater can and a two seater can't.

Side by sides are the way to go. How do you drink beer and drive a regular 4-wheeler anyway?

dun":1kjyb3h1 said:
Mule 610. 4X4 and the bed is low enough that it's easy to lift stuff into it. ALl the others are enough higher that it's a pain for me to do it. $7500 new, in MO there is no sales tax on UTVs as it's considered a farm vehicle. You might check your local dealer

Would get my vote. My dad has one that's been great whereas my 4010 has a lot of idle problems.

My husband & I both have Polaris Rangers & like Dun, we didn't pay sales tax. New ones are pricey but we trade them in every couple years while they're still retaining some value. Use them multiple times every day, minimal maintenance, true work horses, love them!

Can't go wrong with ranger, kubota, or Kawasaki. They'll be as good to you as you are to them. Unless you get a lemon, but I haven't seen any lemons personally and everyone around here except me has one of the three. I still use an old beat up Honda 4wheeler. Had a ranger a few years ago and loved it. Bought it used, kept it two years, sold it for the same thing I paid for it and just never have found another deal.

JMJ Farms":v7sqcgql said:
Can't go wrong with ranger, kubota, or Kawasaki. They'll be as good to you as you are to them. Unless you get a lemon, but I haven't seen any lemons personally and everyone around here except me has one of the three. I still use an old beat up Honda 4wheeler. Had a ranger a few years ago and loved it. Bought it used, kept it two years, sold it for the same thing I paid for it and just never have found another deal.

Mr. Russell has the rig.