Side by side feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

timer

Reaction score
Hello all, i am relatively new to this board. Who has experience with the Stull Feeders to mount on side by side. Feeder used to feed pellets or cake. Any other brands out there? Thanks

I've got a T&S trip hopper JR for a side x side. Works really good for cubes or pellets but won't feed commodity mixes. If I was going to buy another one I'd get a Bull One made in Oklahoma.

We use a T&S trip hopper, and a My-d han-d feeder.

The My-d is turned sideways and mounted to a Suzuki mini truck. It's just an auger feeder with no accurate way to measure how much feed is dispensed.

The Trip hopper can be adjusted to dump a certain amount of feed per trip, and also has a counter. This is the way to go if you're serious about feeding pellets or cake.

Is the Trip hopper a full size or JR? The full size feeds commodity mixes good so I was disappointed when the JR locked up and wouldn't run it. You are right about the auger type being a guessing game. You really need scales or a counter to be accurate.

Is the Trip hopper a full size or JR? The full size feeds commodity mixes good so I was disappointed when the JR locked up and wouldn't run it. You are right about the auger type being a guessing game. You really need scales or a counter to be accurate.
It's a full size. I only have minimal experience with the Jrs. We only run pellets or cubes through them so it's not an issue.

I have an older Stull. It has worked well. We have fed ground feed and pellets through it. I like how they have changed the auger on the newer ones. It used to be smaller, plastic and free floating.

I've got a T&S trip hopper JR for a side x side. Works really good for cubes or pellets but won't feed commodity mixes. If I was going to buy another one I'd get a Bull One made in Oklahoma.
Know this is an old thread but wanted to use the JR to feed rolled wheat grain. What commodity feed locked the hopper up?

Know this is an old thread but wanted to use the JR to feed rolled wheat grain. What commodity feed locked the hopper up?
It was a commidity mix. Soy hulls, ddg, rolled corn, and something else. Real fine dusty feed. I gave the feeder to my son and he's feeding cubes with it, works great for him.

I have the trip hopper Jr, and I feed a textured commodity/dairy feed with it daily. I have zero issues with it not feeding. I'm not sure what the issues are the others speak of but mine works fine.

I have the trip hopper Jr, and I feed a textured commodity/dairy feed with it daily. I have zero issues with it not feeding. I'm not sure what the issues are the others speak of but mine works fine.
Much appreciated. Know the T&S feeders don't use an auger but couldn't see how it would jam on rolled grain. I suppose it possible if it got wet and packed.

Latest posts