Three Trees Ranch? Cattle Empire?

Help Support CattleToday:

I believe they run more than herefords but they did have alot of them. Maybe it is pure Hereford, I can't remember I was so amazed at the beauty of the place. All I know is, if I had the money and desire, thats where I'd be raising beef cattle!

Sizmic

You are right, I think they also run Angus, Black baldies and maybe something else to in there cow herds. They do run alot of pure herefords because the need alot of replacements. Did you see any of there herd bulls?

No, but I think I remember the term A.I. being tossed around. The cows are so happy out there I think you could throw the semen on their back and they'd stick.

Sizmic

TNMasterBeefProducer":14qshdb0 said:
I wonder what ole stan thomas does for a living? I have heard he is in the real estate business.

I dont know, but I sure would like to know. Im a real estate agent to, Id say more than likely he has invested in properties. I dont know if he's originally from Georgia, or the Atlanta area. Id saying being as close as he is to Atlanta, he has made a great deal there. He may be the Atlanta version of Donald Trump. He grew up with cattle according to remarks he made on Three Trees episode of the American Rancher, so at least he probably enjoys cattle and not just using them for a tax right off. I think if I had that kind of money to spend I would most likely be a commercial operation, I could have alot of fun with that. :) Heres a little taste of what I would do. Some will think this is childish, but we all dream big!!

Id have several herds:

I would want Adams Ranch Braford cows and really good horned hereford cows bred to really good Angus bulls. Some of the ranches I would like to buy from would be Stevenson Basin, Gardiner and R.A. Brown, Circle A Ranch, Three Trees, Werhman, and several producers near me.

I would have a herd of angus cows bred to the same angus bulls and simmental and SimAngus bulls.

Then I would have a herd of Charolais cows bred to really good R.A. Brown, Buffalo Creek, U bar Red Angus bulls, Adams Ranch Composite bulls and Braford bulls. To get those yellow calves!!

Its good to dream big!! :D

I seem to recall that commercial construction is the main endeavor and it is likely that real estate ownership and development would go along with it.

Three Trees leased what used to be the Horton Angus Ranch.

I have also heard rumors that Camp Cooley's land has sold..... and Three Trees is the name I keep hearing as the purchaser.

Get ready Texas, the big boys have finally realized the undeveloped market and are coming in full force.

Riverbend Ranch now has a location in Texas..... commercial cattle at the moment but I think it won't be long before they have registered there. It is just easier to get a commercial operation up and running quickly.

For those interested, My sone went to three Trees for LEAD conference a couple years ago. It was his understanding that the owner builds multi-million dollar projects. If I'm correct son #2 told me that he has built in the arab emerites. No tract homes or little commercial projects. He gave all the kids at the conference helicopter rides over the ranch. Yes his helicopter.

Latest posts