Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hereford

• Angus

• would not have cattle.

• Total voters
While they are not currently what I have, although I have a few crosses, Hereford would be my first choice. I like their temperament, I believe them to be good beef-makers that don't need lots of pampering and I like the way they look. They look beefy and I also like the color pattern.

Katherine

I'm with Frankie. Angus of course but with polled herefords a vey close second.

well i chose brahm but then noticed no climatic extremes or parasites, etc.- So i'd say hereford, they just seem more american ;-)

I have noticed that the Hereford breed most be doing something right, because they are on top so far by 1 vote and by 2% over the angus. Come on Hereford breeders, start voting and put that vote up higher than what it should be. We should be way ahead. :cboy:

i want to know who the smart person is that chose not to have any cattle.

If those were the only breeds available, I would have to go with Red Angus! Brahman would not do well during the winters up here, Black Angus is over-rated as far as I'm concerned yes, they are good cattle - but they are NOT the do all, be all, end all, and I just don't care for Herefords, although I can't put a finger on why. And yes, my answer is valid because you specified Angus, but did not designate between red or black! :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Angus of course, that's why I have them now.

It would have to be proven to me why I shouldn't have them.

The least amount of problems, we have had smurfs in the past so ihave been there and done that.

Mister Beefy round here Herefords will make ya the best range cattle out of them 3 ya mention.[/code]

I voted angus...but like msscamp-only if I can specify red angus. No interest in those black ones!! :lol:

Bullbuyer":rtgvirpt said:
BLACK Angus - go to a few GRADED feeder sales and you'll know why.

If you took all the exotics out of the picture, any price advantage Angus currently has would be quickly erased, because anyone who has ever fed both Herefords and Angus knows they are just about equal. There would be no need for CAB or CHB, and even grocery store beef would be good again, like it used to be before all the importations. :cboy:

Latest posts