Those 'Real California Cheese' commercials just crack me up!

Help Support CattleToday:

CowgirlUpNY

Reaction score
They just aired a new one with two dairy cows laying on the barn floor with a Rooster walking around them crowing. I didn't catch the whole commercial, but the end was one cow telling the other to 'hit the snooze' and then the rooster goes flying out the barn door and into a mailbox!! I rarely laugh out loud at commercials, but OMG, that was hysterical!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe not, but the commercials are a riot!!! I like the earthquake one too, but to them it's a foot massage!

I haven't seen the new one, but I think my favorite 'California Cheese' commercial is the one with the two cows ghost knocking on the farmers door. I love those commercials, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ever see a real California dairy? Let's put it this way you don't have green rolling pasture when you are milking 10,000 plus cows on one farm. And there are lots of those size dairies. Feedlots where they milk.

Dave":35e1px5f said:
Ever see a real California dairy?

No, I haven't, but I've been around the block enough times to know that commercials tend to be fantasy land. Nor do I believe everything I read or see, for that matter. :roll:

My mom lives in California and we are in the Midwest, so she sees all the commercials way before we do. I have to check in with her now and again and let her know which ones have "made it out here." They all crack me up. Her favorite one is the rooster "snooze" too, which has been airing out there for over two years!

msscamp":3prthiod said:
I haven't seen the new one, but I think my favorite 'California Cheese' commercial is the one with the two cows ghost knocking on the farmers door. I love those commercials, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, I haven't seen that one!! I hope they show it around here soon.

Rangenerd":3qrr1ods said:
I bet it just burns you midwesteners up to know that California produces more milk than Wisconsin.

Happy cows come from California.

ae you refering to the four legged ones :p or the Hollywood type ;-)

Rangenerd":fzicnwyn said:
I bet it just burns you midwesteners up to know that California produces more milk than Wisconsin.

Put down the pipe man, cause your high on something. California is "Hostein Hell"

My son lived in southern california for a few years and I was out twice to visit , we saw some of the dairy farms out there , it don't look like in the commericals.

Just because you think I am smoking the "Mendocino County Green" regarding California being the number milk producing state, I have some USDA Stats for ya. Sorry 2002 was the latest stats I could find.

Total number of cows (million head)
2000 2001 2002
California 1.526 1.589 1.648
Wisconsin 1.344 1.292 1.271

Pounds of Milk (Million Lbs)
2000 2001 2002
California 32,245 33,217 35,065
Wisconsin 23,259 22,199 22,074

I guess we need all that milk to produce the cheese we enjoy with our wine. ;-)

Rangenerd":d0brzkw3 said:

http://www.wlj.net/editorial/073106_hea ... fornia.htm

There were many happy cows down by Fresno last summer.

They were probably experiencing delusional euphoria right before they dropped dead from overheating!

those commericals are pretty good, but they do look to be very nice. not many cattle operations at all are that nice unless they barely use that pasture.

Rangenerd":bl5u4cy9 said:
Just because you think I am smoking the "Mendocino County Green" regarding California being the number milk producing state, I have some USDA Stats for ya. Sorry 2002 was the latest stats I could find.

Total number of cows (million head)
2000 2001 2002
California 1.526 1.589 1.648
Wisconsin 1.344 1.292 1.271

Pounds of Milk (Million Lbs)
2000 2001 2002
California 32,245 33,217 35,065
Wisconsin 23,259 22,199 22,074

I guess we need all that milk to produce the cheese we enjoy with our wine. ;-)

Never denied the fact that Cali is the bigger producer, I just dont believe that cows shoved into 10,000 head drylots are very comfortable or happy for that matter. I bet Cali also ranks first in the use of BGH and Mastitis if I was to venture a guess and probably toward the bottom in overall herd health. Probably first in the employment of illegal labor too,but thats another discussion for another time.

Latest posts