HDRider

Reaction score
Maybe in a month or two, or three..

What do you think? Please speak up...

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/grd/5751537414.html

01515_9e9ENmaJpbD_1200x900.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":c68n4iv5 said:
I like them. Get a move on.
Patience is not my strong point, but being measured is.

Is that a contradiction?

I also have multiple personalities.

He always has hundreds of cattle for sale on Cattle Range as well. I've often wondered how he continually puts together groups of cattle like this and where they come from?

J&D Cattle":6np7cwqm said:
He always has hundreds of cattle for sale on Cattle Range as well. I've often wondered how he continually puts together groups of cattle like this and where they come from?

You don't believe their web site where it says they run 1,500 head of Angus cows? That would churn out quite a few heifers year round if a fella planned it just right.

I'm just asking because I don't know the folks.

TennesseeTuxedo":281vjmpw said:
J&D Cattle":281vjmpw said:

You don't believe their web site where it says they run 1,500 head of Angus cows? That would churn out quite a few heifers year round if a fella planned it just right.

I'm not saying I don't believe it but I would personally have to do some more homework before I did any purchasing. I'm sure most anybody would though. They do have some good looking cattle for sale, no doubt.

TennesseeTuxedo":phsiop2l said:
J&D Cattle":phsiop2l said:

I've also seen a bunch of colored cattle for sale in the past. They may have quite a diverse operation though. I know they sell a bunch of bulls private treaty as well.

I can't get onto their website at work for some reason. Dang IT.

Pelvic checked means they were pelvic scored for birth canal dimensions. That is what it means to me. Question is: are they preg checked? For example, are they guaranteed bred? Is the lot of 80 being sold as a complete group? Or broken up as the buyer wishes?

City Guy":3gwkbipt said:
I don't know what track checked means. Can someone tell me, please?

I saw that too. I assume it means they have records on individual treatment, gains, weights, etc. Not sure?

TennesseeTuxedo":1lne6he0 said:
Boot Jack Bulls":1lne6he0 said:
1000 pounds at 17 months would not make my cut. :2cents:

Good catch. That is a tad light isn't it?

I think it is. I don't mind the condition they are in, they could use just a bit more cover for my tastes. I just worry about their growth potential and that of their offspring. It also makes me wonder if they are the bottom cut on a larger operation's replacements. 1000 pounds at 17 months and about 2 months bred just doesn't do it for me.

they have many different ads for different color cattle on cattle range. says 1650 negotiable. weight sounds good, unless you want 1500 pound cows. they look good to me

Latest posts