This is when you say OH S...

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I grabbed a cinderblock out next to my barn been there since spring noticed something paper fibered inside so i put id down and it turned over and first thing I noticed is a bunch of wasps and then a good sized black widow. My family is always getting after me about not using gloves. I didnt get stuck but calmly went and got my mixture of termite killer permetherin and liquid 7 sprayer and gave them a dose they didnt even make a move including the spider.

Sky I always wear leather gloves for the simple fact I can almost just point at something and skin my hands.
I probably have 20 pair laying around in tractor, truck, shop, and 4 wheeler.

Cal

I hate to tell ya this, but if you have one Black Widow you are usually infested. I have them in everything, under everything and in my hay every year. I have to be very careful when feeding and cutting off net wrap.

Isomade":fowuyuhk said:
I hate to tell ya this, but if you have one Black Widow you are usually infested. I have them in everything, under everything and in my hay every year. I have to be very careful when feeding and cutting off net wrap.

yea I know we have a ton of them as well im constantly spraying kids playground set and setting off bombs in my sheds and since wife got bit by a spider get our house and surrounding area sprayed once a month

I'll give you a tip on killing stuff like that. May not be the safest thing in the world but it gets the job done and there is no place for the buggers to hide. If you get one of the gas fired mosquito sprayers you can mix your own concoction of choice using some diesel and whatever insecticide you fancy and put it in there and fog them good. Best done just before dark or early in the morning while there is an inversion but there is no hiding from this fog of death. Like I say, it may not be the safest thing but I've done it for years and if you use a little common sense you should be fine unless you are looking to earn the Darwin award.

Jogeephus":23pb765o said:
I'll give you a tip on killing stuff like that. May not be the safest thing in the world but it gets the job done and there is no place for the buggers to hide. If you get one of the gas fired mosquito sprayers you can mix your own concoction of choice using some diesel and whatever insecticide you fancy and put it in there and fog them good. Best done just before dark or early in the morning while there is an inversion but there is no hiding from this fog of death. Like I say, it may not be the safest thing but I've done it for years and if you use a little common sense you should be fine unless you are looking to earn the Darwin award.

LOL GREAT IDEA !!! could I use that in the barn with the hay and try to smoke out mice too you think?

Jogeephus":22a8mmqe said:

I like the way ya think Joe!!

A few days ago, I went to start one of our 2 seaters, and battery was dead. Decided I would just pull the battery and take it into the shop and charge it. Popped the decklid, removed the battery cover, disconnected the cables, and grabbed the lift strap, and here they came!! Didn't take this old man to get into "All Back Full" and put some distance between me and that angry red cloud. Waited for them to settle down before I took any pics.

svzo.jpg

No--PB Blaster won't slow em down.
Starting fluid don't phase them.
Dawn dish soap won't stop them from flying.
Brake Klean just makes them madder.

Hornet spray will kill them..took a whole can tho.

Permectrin drops em quick. Wish I would have had some a couple days ago when they got me 3 times on the ankle. It reminded me quick why I wear pants and boots on the farm.

Latest posts