third and last heffer is a brahman

Help Support CattleToday:

She does look little but good for you for saving her. I might wait until she's close to 2 to breed her because she's so small and brahmans mature later than other breeds.

I'll take that little heifer. :) She'll grow out with some good feed and care. She probably isn't going to cycle to breed anyway until she does some growing, plus Brahmans don't cycle and breed until two or more anyway. They are a later maturing breed. Good for you to saving the little gal. Post some more pictures of her later when she's come out more if you don't mind.

Joy in Texas":2vj7oymi said:
If you are serious about breeding her I would wait until I knew for sure she is 16 months old. Brahmas are late bloomers anyway but maybe she would feel out and better mature. Hereford or angus would be a good bull for her. Just out of curiousity how much was she ?

700-800 lb and she will be ready to breed.

If she were mine I would breed her to a low birth weight Hereford to get a tigerstripe. I bought a feed supplement called Clovite for a roping calf I had and it seemed to work wonders with her.

Latest posts