Brahman bull

Help Support CattleToday:

You got answers from the 2 most knowledgeable Brahma breeders on here, Caustic and Brute. I have fooled with a LOT Of Brahmas in my life, but I will defer to them when they say something different than what I think. You can not go wrong following the chart Caustic posted, but if you do want to breed British cows to Brahma, then do what Brute said. On another thread today someone posted some nice half Brahma calves out of sale barn angus and black baldies.. so you CAN get away with it. I have seem then bred to Simms, Charolais, Chianina, Chi-Angus, Longhorn and even Corriente with no problems. I know a man that has one of those raw milk organic dairies and has Jersey, Brown Swiss, Guernsey and Ayshire cows, and he breeds them to Brahmas. The few times I have seen calving problems, though, was with Ang and Herf cows. People do it...it's lot cheaper to buy a herd pf Ang or Herf and a brahma bull, than a herd of Brahma cows and an Ang or Herf bull.
I've done it for 3 years and maybe I've just been lucky but we have not experienced that, we have only had to pull one calf and it had a leg coming out wrong, hudgins brahma bull on commercial angus and charlaois cross cows mainly with a brahma cross cow and a long horn thrown in

When I was young there were quite a few herds of Brahmans. Now, I can tell you where they are and who has the few left. There are more herds of Herefords with Brahman bulls now by far.

You can go back to my posts with CB on here talking about there not being Herefords in the area. They have made a big push in the last 10 years or so. The cattle out of wtx seem to hold up here too if they don't push too much feed to them.

I've done it for 3 years and maybe I've just been lucky but we have not experienced that, we have only had to pull one calf and it had a leg coming out wrong, hudgins brahma bull on commercial angus and charlaois cross cows mainly with a brahma cross cow and a long horn thrown in
Yeah, I have used a Brahma bull on about every kind of cow there is, and may have seen bigger bull calves than heifer calves, but birth problems were rare. It is just so much cheaper to buy other cows than it is pure Brahmas. The ones I have been getting for a client this last year have averaged about $2500 if bred, $2k or more open.

Latest posts