third and last heffer is a brahman

Help Support CattleToday:

Billdevaul

Reaction score
how does she look to ya....???? shes 9 months maybe 10 old...

Gracy_2.JPG

Gracy_1.JPG

Thanks fer lookin and commenting... :cboy:

too small,short coupled and fine boned . but the good thing about brahman is cross too a good simm or herf could take alot of her short comings out

Billdevaul":thm46idg said:
how does she look to ya....???? shes 9 months maybe 10 old...

Gracy_2.JPG

Thanks fer lookin and commenting... :cboy:

She's so cute. Is that snow on the ground? If so, she may just be humped up and trying to stay warm.

Don't know enough about brahmas to say definitely...but isn't she kinda small...like short...especially for her age? I agree with Frankie, she is a cutie... :)

Alice

Maybe it's because it was cold,but she doesn't look right. 9,10 months old !!!!! I would have never guess that. She is to small.Cute but small.

Is she a miniature brahman? I understand they are pretty rare.

Alice

*Cowgirl*":25cwcv7g said:
way too small and you'll take a hitting at the sale barn for her color and brahmness
Not in the part of Texas that he's from.

Did it have horns that were docked, or does it just look that way in the pic? Pretty calf. I am too far north to see anything like that. If I have an Angus with bigger ears, somebody around here will call it a Brangus.

TNfamilyfarm":3lgz7v9c said:
she looks good. are you sure about the age? she looks younger.

yep she was weaned when i got her but i have a suspicion she was a bottle calf... bought her from a pawn shop of all places.. she was in a lil pen in the back barely enough room to turn around and was all skin and bone, had no consistant feed and was getting only rabbit pellets. i didnt want a brahman I just bought her soley because of her condition and I hated to see any animal suffer like that.... but after a few weeks on some good feed and lots of room to play she seemed to bounce right back... now im wondering what to do with her...lol id like to breed her once at least and see what i get whats a good breed to breed her to? I will AI her...

Gee some people I swear should be horse whip. Not you bill. Well that explains why she looks like she does.If you are serious about breeding her I would wait until I knew for sure she is 16 months old. Brahmas are late bloomers anyway but maybe she would feel out and better mature. Hereford or angus would be a good bull for her. Just out of curiousity how much was she ?

Joy in Texas":3pnxd5vc said:
Gee some people I swear should be horse whip. Not you bill. Well that explains why she looks like she does.If you are serious about breeding her I would wait until I knew for sure she is 16 months old. Brahmas are late bloomers anyway but maybe she would feel out and better mature. Hereford or angus would be a good bull for her. Just out of curiousity how much was she ?

$270.00 about $200.00 too much...lol.. thank you for your input i do apreciate it ;-)

Billdevaul":26bfce87 said:
Joy in Texas":26bfce87 said:

$270.00 about $200.00 too much...lol.. thank you for your input i do apreciate it ;-)

I'd have done the same thing... ;-)

Alice

Billdevaul":3hgx83z1 said:
TNfamilyfarm":3hgx83z1 said:

yep she was weaned when i got her but i have a suspicion she was a bottle calf... bought her from a pawn shop of all places.. she was in a lil pen in the back barely enough room to turn around and was all skin and bone, had no consistant feed and was getting only rabbit pellets. i didnt want a brahman I just bought her soley because of her condition and I hated to see any animal suffer like that.... but after a few weeks on some good feed and lots of room to play she seemed to bounce right back... now im wondering what to do with her...lol id like to breed her once at least and see what i get whats a good breed to breed her to? I will AI her...

A pawn shop! Good for you, taking her home. Breed her to a calving ease Angus bull. She's had enough stress in her young life, though they're pretty tough critters.

Billdevaul":xgtchblr said:
TNfamilyfarm":xgtchblr said:

well this takes on a whole new light. good luck with her she gonna have too play catchup. like to see her in a few months with some groceries because she got a pretty good butt on her. for a babie ;-)

I commend you for buying her .... I would have done the same!

She does look small for her age.. but just because she's had a tough beginning doesn't necessarily mean she won't be able to produce a decent calf for you. Any calving ease bull should be fine. You may be pleasantly surprised at how nice the calf will be.

Good luck!

Latest posts