The only time I don't like a ford

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Is when I'm working on one
Took 4.5 hours and a six pack to replace a single injector on my truck. 3 hours just to get to the dang thing. With air tools. And I burned a 3x3 area on my dang Popeye forearm just undoing the 100000 bolts that they don't leave good access to.then I broke the nipple to the map sensor. So I need to pick up a new one.
280 bucks for the injector. 180 core charge. 80 map sensor.
I hate fords....engineering.

denvermartinfarms":33pkgua3 said:
Yep another good point on a dodge with a cummins. Be glad you wasn't putting an injector in a duramax.
If only the rest of the dodge truck was on par with their engines.

Red Bull Breeder":1xkjk8kw said:
No BS about it Dodge front ends won't stand the rough stuff.
I can't say that's not right, I have heard that for years. But we have had 6 dodge 3/4 and 1 tons in the last 7 years so far up to 200k miles and have never touched a front end on any of them. Guess we are just gettin the good ones.

denvermartinfarms":wicjm2ly said:
Red Bull Breeder":wicjm2ly said:
No BS about it Dodge front ends won't stand the rough stuff.
I can't say that's not right, I have heard that for years. But we have had 6 dodge 3/4 and 1 tons in the last 7 years so far up to 200k miles and have never touched a front end on any of them. Guess we are just gettin the good ones.
Or keeping them on the pavement :cowboy:
I've pulled a fair amount of stuck dodges out of the mud. That straight front end doesn't do them any favors

I cross lots of water and run lots of rough dirt roads. Seen way to many dodges needing front end work about ever 30,000 to 40,000 thousand miles around here.

Red Bull Breeder":vo2oaezj said:
I cross lots of water and run lots of rough dirt roads. Seen way to many dodges needing front end work about ever 30,000 to 40,000 thousand miles around here.
I haven't ever had one, but the only thing you see bale beds on around here are Ford and Chevy. They say the dodge just can't handle the stress of bale after bale and bouncing around pastures. My FIL put a cummins in his 94 Chevy though. It's been in there for 5 years and is now an outstanding truck. I think when the old 7.3 bites the dust I'm gonna see if we can put one in it.

Hook, when my Superduty had 250k on it I went to Bartow Ford to buy a new truck. I bought 5 Ford Diesels from Bartow Ford and my sales man told me don't buy a new truck, Ford is having all kinds of troubles with the new Powerstroke engine. I didn't believe him so he took me back to service and there was 3 new Powerstrokes with the cab lifted off the frame. He said the head gaskets were blown out. At least you can still bend over and work under the hood Cory. I can't see my Dodge being any worse than my last Superduty front end wise. I put 5 new plastic hubs, and 4 front bearing assemblies on the Ford. My family is ready for me to buy a new Ford truck. Dodge has the worst seats, followed by Chevy especially when it comes to the back seat.

highgrit":2nmiohu4 said:
Hook, when my Superduty had 250k on it I went to Bartow Ford to buy a new truck. I bought 5 Ford Diesels from Bartow Ford and my sales man told me don't buy a new truck, Ford is having all kinds of troubles with the new Powerstroke engine. I didn't believe him so he took me back to service and there was 3 new Powerstrokes with the cab lifted off the frame. He said the head gaskets were blown out. At least you can still bend over and work under the hood Cory. I can't see my Dodge being any worse than my last Superduty front end wise. I put 5 new plastic hubs, and 4 front bearing assemblies on the Ford. My family is ready for me to buy a new Ford truck. Dodge has the worst seats, followed by Chevy especially when it comes to the back seat.
Is this on the New Fords, like 2012 and 2013? Or from a few years ago?

There was a discussion on here some months back -- can't even remember what the original post was. BUT, part of that discussion was that after 2006, Dodge changed some things on their pickups. I'm glad I bought the '06.

It was on the 6.0's as far as the head gaskets. And I know in 2008 Ford would pull the cab to work on the 6.4. Isomade, I've been looking at the new Fords, seems like they are back on the right track. If something doesn't change, when Ford comes out with their new body style I can see me driving one. What kills me is you can buy a 100 acres for the price of a new truck.

Yea that " cab pulling" deal freaks some out but it's no real big deal and just is how they are designed. Navistar used to build Ford D and this past year2013 Ford decided they were going to build the " new" diesel from what I understand. Probably opinions on both sides of that fence. My dad use to say " Ford" builds the best trucks and despite popular opinion I never drove a 6.0 Ford Locomotive I didn't like. Some diesel woes are operator " error" no matter what badge is hanging on the grill.

highgrit":2ozbrjjn said:
It was on the 6.0's as far as the head gaskets. And I know in 2008 Ford would pull the cab to work on the 6.4. Isomade, I've been looking at the new Fords, seems like they are back on the right track. If something doesn't change, when Ford comes out with their new body style I can see me driving one. What kills me is you can buy a 100 acres for the price of a new truck.
Ain't that the truth on price. I drove a 13 the other day and WOW! It's got the power, but I think I'll keep the 02 7.3 for as long as she will do he job.

The 04 6.0 we have has 255k on it now. It's had some modifications done to it that have prevented the head gasket issues. One set of ball joints, one set of front bearings, one alternator, one hpop, one radiator, and an injector every other year on average.

If you have to replace front-end parts, go with Moog parts. I get mine at o'reily's and they have a lifetime warranty on them. That way if they ever go out again just have to go in and swap out for new ones.

Latest posts