The Latest Dog to get Dumped

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Dad found this dog collapsed in a ditch, dying. he was severely emaciated, more so than any dog i've ever seen. he was just a shell of a dog. brought him home to me and we rescued him. he is like the sweetest dog ever.

this is a very big dog. just watching him when i let him out there is NO way he couldnt have found SOMETHING to eat under normal circumstances, he was just starved to death and put out. really chaps my behind!

1211071411.jpg

looks like a lab crossed with something. has long hair like a golden retriever and dont know where the curl in the tail came from. (do rottweilers have tails that curl somewhat if not docked?)

I can't tell you how many times we have had to deal with dumped dogs and I bet everyone on this board has had the same situation. Bless your dad's heart for bringing him home and taking care of him. It takes a small-minded, mean-spirited person to treat an animal like that.

~~

Give yourself and your dad a hug from me.

To keep weight on that lucky dog, feed him oatmeal with his dog food--either mixed in or seperately.

Make a big pot of it and put it in your fridge.
Give him 2 cups with every meal. ( figure 4 cups/day )

He should probably be fed 3-4 small meals a day for awhile.
Feed him a quality dogfood ( no corn, wheat, soy or by products ).

I think the tail will curl less as he gains weight.

Does he have any brown on him or is he all black? Its hard to tell from the photo. Does he have a wide skull ?
Can you post more photos please.

Got a name for him ?

He needs to take a trip to the vet for a heartworm test, bring a fecal sample with you as well.
Put the rabies vac and other shots off for a few weeks until he is in better shape.

CowCop":289ydzca said:
~~

Give yourself and your dad a hug from me.

To keep weight on that lucky dog, feed him oatmeal with his dog food--either mixed in or seperately.

Make a big pot of it and put it in your fridge.
Give him 2 cups with every meal. ( figure 4 cups/day )

He should probably be fed 3-4 small meals a day for awhile.
Feed him a quality dogfood ( no corn, wheat, soy or by products ).

I think the tail will curl less as he gains weight.

Does he have any brown on him or is he all black? Its hard to tell from the photo. Does he have a wide skull ?
Can you post more photos please.

Got a name for him ?

He needs to take a trip to the vet for a heartworm test, bring a fecal sample with you as well.
Put the rabies vac and other shots off for a few weeks until he is in better shape.

his coat is surprisingly in very good condition. he is very shiny black and his hair is longer than a lab but not quite as long as a golden retriever (doesnt look long in the pic but hes quite furry)

His skull... is sort of wide but sloped so that its like a conehead. he has a very odd shaped skull but it may just seem more exaggerated b/c hes so emaciated. his head is shaped more like a lab or golden retriever but his ears are set back more.

his tail curls quite a bit..

he is extremely tall and likes to stand up on me. he comes up to about my chest and i'm 6'2. hes quite graceful galloping around. doesnt like the water, if very alert, a young dog i think. he wont get in the flowerbeds either, has to go around them. somewhat interensted in birds but not sure about cows and horses yet, lol.

Dad calls him TallMan b/c we just lost a little black beagle cross called ShortMan to cancer.

Get some Safe Guard for horses and give the dog like two notches... three days in a row. That will totally clear the dog of any intestinal parasites.

Then just some good feed and throw a couple raw eggs and it will look like a new dog in no time. :D

The best dog I ever had was a walker hound pup that someone had dumped. He was a shell when I got him as well. Named him Spot. He was awesome. Have had hounds since, but nothing like him.

He has to have been kept confined for a while,then either got away or was dumped..Glad youall got him..
May have been some lowlife trying to get back at someone by mistreating the dog..

looks kind of like an older version of my dog.... she is a collie lab cross. she has the curly tail and the build looks the same too....

I don't understand why anyone would mistreat a dog. There are a lot of dumb, cruel people out there.