The Last Trimester with Pics and advice

Help Support CattleToday:

If its any consolation the utter may not drip. She sure is sloppy.

You're not making it easy for a guy who is lacking in the patience department Dun.....lol

Got one in the field with something like that hanging off her this morning . . . not due for 2 weeks.

hooknline":3mapgtvb said:
Angus, I've been seeing the same goop for 3 months now.....driving me nuts.
That stuff is thick and sticky, it's just mucus but NOT the birthing type of mucus. The birthing type is slick and not sticky and is thinner

Hooknline you better hurry UP ha!!! HA!!!.only kidding. my bessie has a bag haging out about a hr ago i am really shaking. hope she has it on her oun. got go ckeck on her until later Thanks CHAR

We may to onto something now. Sheks up and down, tail out, circling and pawing the ground. Ill keep updating

hooknline":jsyjdath said:
Have to pull it. Single leg not both. Vet on the way, I've never done it

If the vet doesn't get there and you get back . . . that other foot is probably just up underneath the calf. Put your hand in and follow the one leg to the nose under the throat and onto the chest. You can probably feel that other hoof down under the chest. If you push the calf back in a bit you should be able to pull that other hoof out. If need be, tie onto the inside hoof with some so as you push the calf back in a bit with one hand (inside the cow) you can pull the hoof up and out with the rope from outside the cow.

All that said . . . hope the vet shows up.

Got the calf pulled. Live 95 lb bull, red white face. His head was folded back. While roping her she ran a bit, calf repositioned. Pulled easy with a snare. Mom took right to hime, he was up in 20 minutes, and he's sucking right now. Ill get some pics up in a bit, need a beer

Latest posts